Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: Type of Electronic Signatures

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe-Community,

I have a short question about the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. When I sign a PDF-Document with a certificate (with a digital ID created by a certified third party provider like "Bundesdruckerei"), is it an Advanced Electronic Signature (AES) or a Qualified Electronic Signature (QES)? Is it a Signature meeting the Standards of the eIDAS-Regulation?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards

Jens

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello radzmar, thank you for your reply. This is what I found as well and Adobe Sign fullfills the eIDAS regulation. My question is about the Acrobat Reader DC (free version) where you can also sign Documents with a digital ID (created by a third party). Is this Signing Process also according to the eIDAS regulation? QES or AES?

Thank you for your help! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AES or QES require more than a digital ID, be it a signatur pads or a webservice such as Adobe Sign. 

Here's an article that describes this: https://www.eggs.de/en/blog/electronic-signatures-and-certificates-differences-standards.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again for your reply 🙂

What I have found: According to the eIDAS-Regulation there are only 4 requirements to a AES:

"Article 26
Requirements for advanced electronic signatures
An advanced electronic signature shall meet the following requirements:
(a) it is uniquely linked to the signatory;
(b) it is capable of identifying the signatory;
(c) it is created using electronic signature creation data that the signatory can, with a high level of confidence, use under
his sole control; and
(d) it is linked to the data signed therewith in such a way that any subsequent change in the data is detectable."

I think (a) and (b) are fulfilled with the digital ID that links the signer. (c) is fulfilled because it es an official third party provider with a digital ID, the password (necessary to sign) and the fact that only the signer has access to the digital ID (and can sign with it). And Adobe Acrobat Reader DC shows if the document was changed after signing, which would fulfill (d). So according to eIDAS it should be a AES. Am I right? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines