• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC won't let me change language

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have my macs operating system language set to french but need to sign some documents with the english version of adobe (I want my digital signature to be in english and not french). I've tried changing the language but the only option available is the operating system language (so not english). I've heard that all adobe products are MUI and should be able to switch to english as a default, but I have no idea how to do this. I already tried downloading the english version of acrobat reader dc but it's just opening in french regardless. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance! 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy New Year!

I got the exact same problem (just with German instead of French). The only available option for changing the language in the reader is "operating system language".

Any idea, any help?

macOS Mojave 10.14.6, Acrobat Reader DC 2020.013.20074

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

La version Mac d'Acrobat Pro est livrée avec 28 langues pré-installées mais pas Acrobat Reader, vous devez installer ou mettre à jour vers une version MUI :

https://www.abracadabrapdf.net/ressources-et-tutos/acrobat-reader/utiliser-acrobat-reader-dans-autre...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci beaucoup JR pour l'explication et la note!

I downloaded the package and it ask me to select the Acrobat product to update but won't let me select anything - Acrobat Reader and all other applications are greyed out. Probably because the latest Acrobat Reader version of the 'All language' package seems to be 2020.013.20064 while mine is a 2020.013.20074. Downgrading failed as the installer figures out that a newer version was already installed (I didn't go the whole nine yards to whipe all remains of the newer version though).

Finally I changed my system language to English, signed the document, and changed the system language back to German - voilá!

Fun Fact 1: Whatever language you select in the download section of the 'latest version' - you'll end up in your system language..

Fun Fact 2: The 'meaning of signature' remains in German - but these can be changed in the plist 😉

For the moment this crazy workaround is good enough and I'll wait for the next version of the "All language" package and give that a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page seems mistaken. MUI is a different base product with its own updates. There is no update to convert regular to MUI. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines