Highlighted

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC won't open PDFs

New Here ,
May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I open Reader, I am able to open a document, but when I close adobe reader, I can no longer open the application, whether by trying to open a file, or by trying to open the app directly. When I look in the task manager, I see that the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC process is still running after I close the application. If I try to open the application again, it starts a new instance in task manager, but the program never opens. Occasionally I get the failed to connect to dde server error. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have tried using the cleaner tool, and I have tried using the enterprise distribution installer. I am running version 1901220034 on Windows 10 Pro. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC won't open PDFs

New Here ,
May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I open Reader, I am able to open a document, but when I close adobe reader, I can no longer open the application, whether by trying to open a file, or by trying to open the app directly. When I look in the task manager, I see that the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC process is still running after I close the application. If I try to open the application again, it starts a new instance in task manager, but the program never opens. Occasionally I get the failed to connect to dde server error. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have tried using the cleaner tool, and I have tried using the enterprise distribution installer. I am running version 1901220034 on Windows 10 Pro. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Akki_24 LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry to hear about the trouble and we also apologize for the delay in response to your query.

Thanks for giving the detailed description. If you are still looking for the resolution and unable to open Adobe Reader correctly, then you may try the following troubleshooting steps-

1- As application's processes runs at the background. Open Task manager>Processes>Select Acrobat Processes and End Task.

2-Reboot your computer.

3- Open Reader DC, Navigate to Reader>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Startup" and "Enhanced Security">OK>Reboot Reader

Note: Changing the above security settings could pose security risks. We suggest you to turn it back On once you are done with testing.

4- Try the suggestion given in help article here: Fatal error - Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server

Let us know if it still doesn't work. And if you have managed to find the solution, then please do share your findings with us.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC