• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC won't stop crashing

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I updated the software, it crashes after little use. I'll be highlighting text or making comments, then the programme will just disappear. I'm a Mac user, version: OS Mojave 10.14. I've reinstalled the programme, yet it still crashes. Does anyone know how to help? or know of any good alternatives? I have a lot of assignments coming up so this is not ideal!

Sidenote: I also really hate how the comment bubble pops up after every highlight. I've done all the suggested fixes for this with no results!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Hi!

The new version of Acrobat and Reader DC is available, please install the latest patch from help menu>select check for updates, reboot the machine and check the functionality.

You may also download and install the latest patch from DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with one pdf or all PDFs? Where is the pdf you are working on located?  Local disk? Network disk? Synced folder use ng a program like Dropbox,, Box, or One Drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are located on the server, local network afp://FI-001-FS0/Studio/…

With many PDFs, not just one particular.

macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6

Adobe Acrobat Version 19.010.20064

I removed the application with Acrobat Uninstaller, reinstalled it, but the problem persists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Process:               AdobeAcrobat [7388]

Path:                  /Applications/Adobe Acrobat DC/Adobe Acrobat.app/Contents/MacOS/AdobeAcrobat

Identifier:            com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro

Version:               19.010.20064 (19.010.20064)

Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:        ??? [1]

Responsible:           AdobeAcrobat [7388]

User ID:               299014781

Date/Time:             2018-12-18 14:01:54.877 +0000

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.13.6 (17G4015)

Report Version:        12

Anonymous UUID:        57AED0F5-93F8-2BFB-DF16-4B09044C14B4

Sleep/Wake UUID:       40FFF97C-8D60-44AA-8560-8310C6B8570F

Time Awake Since Boot: 17000 seconds

Time Since Wake:       3000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes:       EXC_I386_GPFLT

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb

Terminating Process:   exc handler [0]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Skallagrimsson,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Acrobat, please reboot the machine once and navigate to Adobe Reader's preferences from Edit>Preferences>Security(Enhanced)>Disable the 'Protected Mode at startup'>Click OK, restart the application and check.

Also, collect the log files of the machine, I have shared the steps to collect the log files by direct message, please check your email inbox and share the log files in the direct message only.

For testing purpose, please create a test user profile with full admin rights and install Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution and check the functionality.

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anand,

My application is Adobe Acrobat DC:

Process:               AdobeAcrobat [7388]

Path:                  /Applications/Adobe Acrobat DC/Adobe Acrobat.app/Contents/MacOS/AdobeAcrobat

Identifier:            com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro

Version:               19.010.20064 (19.010.20064)

The Preferences window does not have the «Protected Mode at startup»…

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 09.12.39.png

I will collect the log files today.

Thank you for your help!

Egils

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eglis,

Thank you for sharing the log files. The issue has been reported to the Engineering team and they are working on a fix on high priority.

Will share an update as soon as the official patch is available.

Thanks for your time and patience on this.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we get an update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Brelanarchy,

I am sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused, a fix has been identified and undergoing internal validations. We will share an update as soon as it is publically available.

Thanks for your time and patience this far.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anand,

My office is experiencing this same issue. Is a fix available yet?

Thanks!
Anna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand,

Any updates to tips how to fix this problem? annak11910577​ Brelanarchy​

Cheers,

Egils

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand & Egils,

Any new developments?

My Win 10 x64 1803/Acrobat Pro DC freezes every few lines when Hi-lighting whether I have the tool pinned or unpinned.  (It is making research and writing deadlines impossible!). Whether it is a file from my desktop or D Drive.  Whether it is a scan, editable scan conversion, URI capture and download as a pdf, or normal pdf it seems. and whether it is an Acrobat Chrome extension download or Fireshot download.

I did the total removal of Acro Pro DC, reinstall, ran updates (none); etc.  No difference whether using the High Lighter from Edit Tools or Comment Tools palettes, by the way.  Please let me know if you come up with a patch or workaround.

Will be greatly appreciated,

Don

Email address removed by moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anand,

Any updates for this old problem?

Cheers,

Egils

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Anand,

Any updates?

>>>>>> Will share an update as soon as the official patch is available.

Cheers,

Egils

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sort of similar issue - every time i open a PDF it shows it for a second then asks me to sign in.  I do and then it crashes.  I have re downloaded and its still an issue.  i have disabled that security bit as mentioned above.  help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Do we already have a sollution for this problem? I'm having the same problem at one of my Imacs in school?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

The new version of Acrobat and Reader DC is available, please install the latest patch from help menu>select check for updates, reboot the machine and check the functionality.

You may also download and install the latest patch from DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm that the issue is not fixed in the latest version. Adobe reader crashes on an hourly basis, even at times that it is not the active window and I am not working with it.

Adobe reader version: 2019.012.20034

I've had this issue since MacOS High Sierra. The same issue after upgrading to MacOS Mojave. We are struggling with it for at least six months.

Is there any known quick fix for the problem? I re-installed Adobe Reader but the issue was not resolved. Maybe removing all Adobe reader files and doing a clean install may resolve the issue (does it?), but I don't know how to remove all the footprints of the Adobe Reader (e.g. preference files) on the system.

Hint for developers: The issue is apparently caused by some background tasks. It doesn't crash as a consequence of a user action. The only times that it crashes are either when I SWITCHBACK to the Adobe Reader window OR at the time that it is entirely in the background. Maybe it is caused by "auto-saving/recovery" or other automatic background processes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having Acrobat Pro DC crashes for months now.

2 weeks ago I completely removed the CC suite, used the cleaner tool, removed all the Adobe prefs files I could find and it looked as if I finally managed to fix this horrible bug.

Until today.

Again: just opening a simple PDF document freezes Acrobat again.

I'm on a 2016 Macbook Pro,

Mojave 10.14.5

Acrobat Pro DC 2019.012.20034

What does it take to fix this? Please. I'm frantic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it is very disappointing that we like this software and want to use it, but we have to use other PDF readers due to this simple bug.

I don't understand why Adobe developers cannot fix it after almost a year.

So disappointing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of Adobe Acrobat started crashing right after I launched the program. It wasn't always like this. When I first downloaded the 2019 applications back in December 2018, everything worked just fine. When I first started having trouble with Acrobat, I searched this forum and saw the suggestion of uninstalling it and then re-installing. Well I got the uninstalling part right, but the only way I could find to reinstall it was to buy another subscription, which was ridiculous, since I paid for the full suite of applications. Then I tried calling the customer service phone number, and that was a joke. I was put on hold for 22 minutes and 48 seconds before my call was simply cut off. So then I called the 800 number again. I had to start all over with my turn in line, waited another 20 minutes before the phone was cut off again. So basically, Adobe has no customer service. They are simply in business to take customer's money, and then to hell with them. So now I am using my Acrobat version 6 which is still loaded onto my laptop. I thought maybe the release of the 2020 software would include an update for Acrobat, but sadly there isn't one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've the same problem: after the installation of Reader DC, the program crashes as soon as it starts.

The program crashes also if I start it from a pdf file.

The crash occurs in this way: the program shows up; it stands few seconds and then crashes.

I've also a dump error file, but I don't know how to send it to you.

Francesco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Beginning January 2020 my Adobe Acrobat X Pro crashes within 1 minute of opening—whether I open from the program or open from a PDF file. I am running Mac High Sierra 10.13.6 and just updated the system today hoping that would take care of the problem. I tried opening Acrobat and clicking on the HELP and then clicking on CHECK FOR UPDATES but the program crashed ans says it cannot access the server. THIS IS CRITICAL. What can I do????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have this also. Just started to happen as soon as I open Acrobat Pro it stays for a few seconds and then crashes. I'm on High Sierra and running Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem - just started today. I don't think I updated anything. It began when I downloaded a PDF from another site. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines