• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC won't stop crashing

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I updated the software, it crashes after little use. I'll be highlighting text or making comments, then the programme will just disappear. I'm a Mac user, version: OS Mojave 10.14. I've reinstalled the programme, yet it still crashes. Does anyone know how to help? or know of any good alternatives? I have a lot of assignments coming up so this is not ideal!

Sidenote: I also really hate how the comment bubble pops up after every highlight. I've done all the suggested fixes for this with no results!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Hi!

The new version of Acrobat and Reader DC is available, please install the latest patch from help menu>select check for updates, reboot the machine and check the functionality.

You may also download and install the latest patch from DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue and it's incredibly frustrating. Has Adobe responded to anyone?? I just noticed it happening this week... I've never had issues like this before. I did recently upgrade my OS to High Sierra 10.13.6 also trying to run Acrobat Pro. I'm not able to keep ANY PDFs open for longer than 30 seconds before it crashes. One time I got an error message that popped up saying: "Cannot connect to Adobe update server. Please verify that you are connected to the internet and check for updates again" Error: 1042

I have the latest updates, and I AM connected to the internet. I'm desperate for help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Lindsay,

I feel your pain. However, Adobe doesn't have any customer service. I tried calling their 800 number about this issue with Acrobat. The first time I was put on hold for 22 minutes before the phone simply cut me off. Then I called back, was put on hold again, and waited another 25 minutes before the same thing happened. I found a workaround. There's an app called PDF Expert, which you can download for free. I have been using this now that my Acrobat no longer functions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded the latest patch dated March 17, 2020 and the problem was solved! Thanks!

Installer name (for windows 10): AcroRdrDCUpd2000620042.msp (233 mb)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is December 2020 and i am still experiencing  the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep me too - end of Dec 2020.

Acrobat continues to crash every time I try and use it - for over a year now.....

No response from the helpdesk despite filling in numerous reports.

Have decided to cancel contact with Adobe and use another product, as there seems to be no reliable fix and no communication.

Beyond disapointed with the Adobe service and product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My acrobat has been crashing for months, only works on my mac based machines. I spent 2 hours with techs on the phone guiding me through 'fixing" the issue on my desktop for it to start crashing again the next day. Pointless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines