Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader is crashing at the start

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Im using Adobe Acrobat Reader for many years, since i reinstalled it on my new computer, the program won´t stop crashing at the start.

What I did:

-updated my Nvidia graphics drivers (RTX 2070)

-reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Reader (latest version)

-accepted the EULA.exe

-repaired Adobe Acrobat Reader

Any further suggestions?

~Freddi

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Freddi

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the application is crashing at the start.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF or with all the PDFs? Please try to open a different PDF file and check.

If the PDF is stored on a shared network/drive, please try to download the PDF to your computer locally and then try to open it and check.

Please try to repair the installation (Windows Only) from help menu and reboot the computer once and check.

If it still doesn't work, Please turn off the protected mode for testing (Windows Only).  Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable protected mode at startup', turn off the protected mode and uncheck the enhanced security > Click OK and reboot the computer.

Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid security risks.

You may also look at the steps in the help pages below:

For Windows: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the problem occured at the start, I didn´t get the chance to open a PDF file.

I deactivated the online saving features, repaired my installation, launched the program as admin, reinstalled the program, and turned off the protected mode. 

It worked fine for about an hour after I reinstalled the programm, and when i tried to open it on another day, it crashed. Same thing after another reinstall-process.

Regards

Freddi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to thear that. As you have tried modt of the troubleshooting steps with no success.

Please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows and then try using the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the Acrobat Cleaner Tool https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html  , reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the link https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

If it still doesn't work, please collect the crash logs as decribed in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html and upload the logs to the document cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ , generate the link and share it with us for testing.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

sry for the late answer. I tried your hints and it went like this:

The usage of Adobe Cleaner Tool didn´t bring any changed results. But since I startet to collect the crash logs, as described in the thread above, the program wouldn´t crash once. I´m pretty clueless why, but im happy, that I can use the program as usual from now on.

When the problem occurs again, I will reply to this thread with additional crashlogs. Thanks for your help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We are glad to hear that the application is up and running fine. Feel free to contact us for any assistance required in the future.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines