Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader phone App error

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have 2 forms both created on LiveCycle designer. When i open one of them on the Adobe Acrobat Reader app on my phone the fields are enabled. When i go to open the other form the fields are disabled and what shows up is that 'This form requires Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for MAc or Windows' Not sure what this means. They were both created with LiveCycle. Can someone give me some insight? I need to be able to fill out all the forms on my organizations website on the phone app and i'm getting this error from some of the forms.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should take this message literally:

'This form requires Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for MAc or Windows' 

The form can't be used on a phone or a tablet as the reader implemented there does not support all the features it needs to open such PDF files and enter form data. There is nothing you can do about that. And you did not do necessarily an error with the form design.

If you need to enable data entries on the phone, you need to use a 100% web solution.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo,

Nice to meet u

In my case, we have no way. Business case is:

a PDF generated on our internal system and it's sent to sales force by mail to their iPhones

Thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use Designer. Unless you are sure your target audience will be using Acrobat/Reader on Mac or Windows. This software is essentially obsolete for normal use. Adobe offer an AEM server product to translate XFA forms into HTML forms dynamically, they see this as the future of these forms, NOT delivering PDFs to end users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the insight. I have heard of the AEM forms and have been trying to contact Adobe for a Demo for almost a week and haven't received a call back from them. Do you know of a direct avenue to reach them for this Demo? I've called the number 800-497-0335 and left messages and even spoke to someone that said a team member would call me back and still nothing. Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the size of the project, but please give serious consideration to doing it again with HTML5 forms. That may prove simpler, perhaps also quicker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank  @Test Screen Name for you advice.

Let's value it.

As last chance I'm going to check possible library version updated on our system.

Nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines