• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe acrobat Reader scrolling performance on macintosh with find dialog open

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For about 6-7 years now I've been waiting for Adobe to fix a problem with Acrobat Reader on OSX which is to say this problem has been consistently bad over several major releases of Acrobat Reader, OSX, and MacBook pro. It appears to be a rather simple rendering bug where something to do with how the Find dialog is composited exhibits terrible performance. It reduces the overall framerate to be 3-4 FPS when open.

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 9.42.28 PM.png

Given how severe this bug is and how old it is I'm curious why Adobe has declined to fix it?

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably would have been worth reporting it 6 years ago, this is the first mention I've seen. Please report here: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I hear ya. I've tried twice over the years but each time, after about 15 minutes of looking for a way to report the bug, I gave up. This link helps. Thanks. I had assumed, since it was such a persistent and obvious defect, that it would magically get fixed. Everytime there is an update the first thing I check is "did they finally fix it? Is the nightmare over?" 🙂 Fortunatly the advance search doesn't have the same problem so I try to use that more often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reported

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's often a mistake to assume everyone sees the same issues as you, and that your problems are therefore well known. I just did a quick test. How many pages scroll in 10 seconds if I keep mouse down on the scroll bar...? No find dialog, 60 pages. With find dialog, 57 pages.

I suspect the problem may be with highlighting feedback. If pages are complex, it will take significant time to scan each newly visible page to see whether any matching text needs to be highlighted.  I suggest in your bug report you include system details and specific sample files and UI script to help in reproducing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines