• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader takes days to open.

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I've been using Adobe for a while but lately I've had the same issue a couple of times.  Adobe would start not opeing email attachments, then it wouldn't open stuff on the desktop, then it progressed to not loading the pages already open.  I closed the whole application and tried to re-open it.  I would get the little loading circle, it would disappear but wouldn't open.  I restarted my computer, did a complete shutdown for 5 minutes and then started it up again.  I completly removed the app twice and re-downloaded it and nothing helped.  It didn't work for a few days and I contiuned searching for answers.  One day when I walked into work (This is a work computer but all "fixes" were approved) and I saw Adobe had about 50 applications open.  All of them from when I tried unsuccesfully to open any pdf file.  It basically took 3 days for it to open files.  Adobe went back to normal and I foolishly thought that would be the end of it.  Until today.  It has once again stopped opening anything that isn't already open in adobe or that has recently been open.  This is really bad because I use Adobe for basically everything at my job.  Can someone help?!!!??!?!?  P.S.  This is a Dell desktop if that helps.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?