Highlighted

Adobe Acrobat Reader v.2020.012.20041 Problems

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot, at my discretion, adjust the size of the program window and its position on the monitor screen.
I cannot move the program window from one monitor to the second.

When the program is launched, the program window opens in full screen (sticks to the edges of the monitor) and does not allow adjusting its size (by 3/4 screen by 1/2 screen) and does not allow moving the window to the second monitor.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Acrobat Reader v.2020.012.20041 Problems

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot, at my discretion, adjust the size of the program window and its position on the monitor screen.
I cannot move the program window from one monitor to the second.

When the program is launched, the program window opens in full screen (sticks to the edges of the monitor) and does not allow adjusting its size (by 3/4 screen by 1/2 screen) and does not allow moving the window to the second monitor.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that even if you hit the "Esc" key in your keyboard it doesn't let you get out of the Full Screen Mode?

CTRL+L key combination toggles On and Off the Full Screen Mode.

What happens if you hit CTRL+0 , CTRL+1, CTRL+2 to manually adjust the Page View, while on Ful Screen Mode?

Is this a MS Windows computer or macOS?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for cooperation.

1. It's Windows PC.

2. I don't have problem switching between Full Screen and Cascade modes (CTRL + L).
I don't have problem with adjusting the Page View (CTRL + 0, CTRL + 1, CTRL + 2)

3. My problem not Page View, but program window size.
I don't need Full Screen Mode.
I don't need fixed by Adobe size of window in cascade mode.

I need to manually adjust window size as I want.
I need to move the program window to the screen place as I want.
I need to move the program window to second monitor screen, when I need or/and bring it back to the first monitor screen.

All these functions were implemented in the previous version of the program

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have the same problem and I noticed it since the last two updates. 

In my case the JavaScript editing window use to be resizable and it would stay the size that I wanted.

Now, everytime I need to edit some scripting it opens up like this:

resizeNotpossible.png

That screenshot just shows how tha damn thing ocuppies the  display. And while I'm working with that editor I can't see my the formfields in the background like I used to. I to drag the entire thing out of the way and then drag it back to the center of the screen so I can see everything I'm typing.

Is this is similar to what you're describing?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it's maximized and you need to hit the restore button. That is, the one to the left of the X. You can never move a maximized window.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that, if I click on restore the main Acrobat windows won't resize. It stays big and oit only allows to resize just about an inch. 

All other programs are fine.

This started to happen after I applied the last two updates but I'm starting to wonder if it 's also related to the Micrososft Windows 10 that has been pushed around the same timeframe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restore works for me... but in any case a restored window can now be moved to another screen, even if it completely fills the current one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I tried your suggestion it seemed to work but not for the Jscript editing window. The same happens when I open Edit-->> Preferences. All that screen takes over. 

The other crazy behavior is the mouse autoscrolling doesn't work with my opened PDFs  but it does work in the jscript editing window. But that is another issue.

This resizing thing has to be a setting somewhere. It used to work for me before. I know I changed something and can't figure out how to restore it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please provide the below mentioned details for troubleshooting the issue:

1. Exacts steps followed which results into issue
  2. Current Adobe Reader Version(Help>About Adobe Reader)
  3. Make sure you have the latest version 20.12.20041 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.
  4. OS Version details (Mac/Win) 
  5. Resolution settings on your machine
  6. From which version update are you experiencing this problem?

Regards,

Ishita Verma

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ishita,

1.Exacts steps followed which results into issue.
Autoupdate program Adobe Acrobat Reader in early of August.

2. Current Adobe Reader Version...
3. Make sure you have the latest version 20.12.20041 installed.
I have checked - Adobe Acrobat Reader v.2020.012.20041

4. OS Version details (Mac/Win).
Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

5. Resolution settings on your machine.
1920x1200, the same for two monitors.

6. From which version update are you experiencing this problem?
The problem was experienced in early of August.
Until there was a problem with Adobe Acrobat Reader, I did not pay attention to the version number of the program.

Thank you.

Regards,
Grigoriy Urshanskiy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0