• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe DC reader documents open slower the lower in a folder structure they exist

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a couple of issues that have some relation.

• The deeper a PDF exists in a network folder structure the longer it takes to open
  • Recursive Folder trusting (whitelisting) of network folder location does not appear to whitelist any files in the folder

Adobe Version 2020.013.20074

OS Windows 2012 R2

The deeper Adobe PDFs exist in a network share, the longer they take to open.  PDFs at the top of the folder structure open normally, but the PDFs nested down, say 8-10 levels can take 10-30 seconds to open.  The file path does not exceed Windows OS character limit.

Under Enhanced security, Protected View is turned off, "Enable Enhanced Security" is disabled.

In Priviledged Locations if I add a file (path included for whitelist) the no matter how deep the PDF is nested in the folder structure it opens normally.  If I try to add a folder for whitelist (and remove the file whitelist) to the whitelist where that PDF is located, it takes 10-30 to open the PDF.

I have followed the documentation found here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AppSec/trust.html#trust-methods to enable/configure recursive trusting of a folder and there is no change in the behavior, PDF files still take 10-30 seconds to open.

If I move the PDF file up the folder structure, say to the top, it opens near instantly.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been able to mitigate the issue by upgrading the Windows Server 2016 with the most current Server 2016 updates.  I did test to see if upgrading to Server 2016 w/o current patches was enough and it was not.  Only after all the patches were applied did the issue get mitigated.🤷‍:male_sign:

While we have started turning the wheels on upgrading our 1000s of 2012 R2 servers, this will create some added pressure and an earlier than expected timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines