Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe does not display all pages of large pdf

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've got a problem, with a large pdf document, about 70 mb and 450 pages. It is displayed correctly and in its entirety in most other pdf software, in Adobe however, only 110 pages are displayed, as if the rest didn't exist.

Can anybody help me with this?

THanks und Viele Grüße

Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Simon,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, are you not able to see the rest of the PDF pages or you don't see any text/images?

Go to Edit>Preferences>Page Display>Choose 'Show Large Images' under Page Content and Information>Click OK, launch Adobe Reader and open the PDF and see if this brings any difference.

Make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed, check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reader.

Doe this PDF contains images only or text? Have you tried with any other PDF file?

is it a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version installed?

What is the dot version of Adobe Reader installed? To identify, refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Aanand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aanand,

thanks for the quick reply.

I'm not able to see the rest of the pdf, and on top the number of pages is displayed as 110, while the actual number is 436. On the sidebar (miniature pages) I can also only see 110 pages. When srolling to the bottom it is like the document has ended, no blank or partially loaded pages.

-----navigator in adobe

----this is the navigator in google drive pdf viewer

The pdf contains pictures as well as text, I have not had any trouble displaying any other pdf files (even if they were way larger....)

"Go to Edit>Preferences>Page Display>Choose 'Show Large Images' under Page Content and Information>Click OK, launch Adobe Reader and open the PDF and see if this brings any difference."

---did that, box was already checked...-----

"Make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed, check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reader."

-----installed an update, but no fix--------

It is a 64 bit Win 10, with sufficient RAM and storage, Intel i5-4300M.

Adobe Version 2018.011.20063 File version 18.....41001.

Thank you

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon,

Please go to View (in the  Menu bar on top)>Page Display>Choose 'Single Page View' and see if this brings any difference.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand,

I wish

I see that the google drive viewer picture was not uploaded, so here it is again, just to show that the document has indeed 436 pages..

If you can come up with anything else, it would be great if you could let me know... As I have not seen this problem in any forum, I imagine there`s no obvious fix, maybe the file is faulty somehow....

I could also send you the file in private, but probably thats not possible.....

Hope you have a great day

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon,

It seems to be a document specific issue. Try with another PDF file which has multiple pages , open it with Adobe Reader and check.

Is it possible to share the file with us so that we can test it at our end?

To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, login to https://cloud.acrobat.com/send using your Adobe ID(email) and password, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar problems with a 26 MB document that is some 400 pages long.  The software seems to be able to draw the first 11 pages and then the rest of the pages do not appear.

Per you guidance for Simon, I looked at the preferences setting for Show large documents and it was set to on so I toggled it off and on to no effect.

I also tried to switch the page display per your guidance for Simon and it is grayed out.

I checked for S/W updates and none are available -- it looks like I have version 20.013.20074

I would be deeply grateful for your suggestions on how to make the document display correctly.

Signed,

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just today I encounterd the same (or maybe just similar) probelm, my 326 page PDF (which has 326 pages when opened with MacOS preview) only had 304 pages when opened with Adobe. The error occured when I added a 22 page document on to the end of the 304 page document, i.e. Adobe would not pick up the new pages.

My solution, when I moved the file itself to a new file location (i.e. moved from my downloads folder to my desktop) it would register the new pages, all 326 of them. Oddly, when I moved the file back to the previous folder, it was back to only showing 304 again.

I could recreate this issue by adding more pages and then changing the file location, the 'memory' of how many pages it would show would remain for every previous file location.

TLDR: Change the file location and it might fix it, it did for me.

I hope this helps someone!

- Drew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I was having this same error today and yours was the first suggestion that actually fixed it.

This file is being created on a Mac laptop (OS X Big Sur, V11.1) by scanning in a document one page at a time direct to the PDF file with the "combine into one document" feature checked. I would check it periodically in Acrobat Reader and it seemed to be working OK for a while, but the page count that Adobe showed stopped updating at page 17. There are 36 pages in the document. The scanner software (the Scanner dialog in the System Preferences) still knows there are 36 pages.

Just as you said, moving the document to a different folder fixes the issue.

I just tried renaming the document in its original location: 36 pages.

Then I restored the previous name: 17 pages.

Is this some weird caching issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will add one more symptom. When I read this file in Acrobat Reader, I always get the popup that says "Please wait while the document is being prepared for reading." But the progress bar never advances and that box never goes away until I close it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello everyone,

I have a PDF that is 326 pages when i get to the middle of thr PFD im getting a sad face puzzle error and cannot see the rest of the document. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines