Highlighted

adobe keeps closing on Mac OS 10.16

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i recently updated my mac os to MAC OS 10.16, the beta version. so anytime i try to edit on adobe the app closes. please when will you make an adobe for MAC OS 10.16?

On behalf of Adobe …

Adobe absolutely does not support use of its applications on pre-release versions of operating systems. Regardless of such tags as “public beta 2,” such OS pre-releases are quite buggy and have numerous application compatibility issues that need to be resolved by the OS developer. AAdobe does internally test against prerelease builds from both Apple and Microsoft and works with both to deal with OS bugs that hopefully get resolved before the actual release to customers. In this particular case, Adobe is aware of the pre-release MacOS 10.16 bugs that prevent full and proper use of not only Adobe Acrobat products, but others as well and Apple is aware of the issues.

It may be “neat and cool” to boast about running the “lastest and greatest” OS pre-release, but it is highly imprudent to load such software on production systems and expect anything to run properly. Leave such experimentation to test systems and keep your expectations low.

Topics

Download and install, General troubleshooting, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

adobe keeps closing on Mac OS 10.16

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i recently updated my mac os to MAC OS 10.16, the beta version. so anytime i try to edit on adobe the app closes. please when will you make an adobe for MAC OS 10.16?

On behalf of Adobe …

Adobe absolutely does not support use of its applications on pre-release versions of operating systems. Regardless of such tags as “public beta 2,” such OS pre-releases are quite buggy and have numerous application compatibility issues that need to be resolved by the OS developer. AAdobe does internally test against prerelease builds from both Apple and Microsoft and works with both to deal with OS bugs that hopefully get resolved before the actual release to customers. In this particular case, Adobe is aware of the pre-release MacOS 10.16 bugs that prevent full and proper use of not only Adobe Acrobat products, but others as well and Apple is aware of the issues.

It may be “neat and cool” to boast about running the “lastest and greatest” OS pre-release, but it is highly imprudent to load such software on production systems and expect anything to run properly. Leave such experimentation to test systems and keep your expectations low.

Topics

Download and install, General troubleshooting, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some time after the release of Big Sur I expect. Please be sure to report this to Apple, and mean time you should probably use your live Catalina machine to work with Acrobat, leaving the test machine for when you really need to test Big Sur.

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On behalf of Adobe …

- Dov Isaacs, Principal Scientist, Adobe

Translate

Translate

Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC