Highlighted

Adobe Keeps Crashing on MacOS Mojave

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix for Adobe Acrobat Reader that continuously crashes within 10 seconds of opening a PDF file? I restarted my computer and attempted to download a "patch", which did not work. Additionally, I clicked "enhanced security" under Adobe's preferences to see if there was a protected mode I could opt out of, but there wasn't (see photo). This is quite problematic, and Adobe does not make phone support available for this particular issue... so I'm not sure what else to do.

Security.png

I saw that another post already exists on this topic, but there wasn't a resolution. I was afraid that if I responded to that post, my inquiry would get buried and never resolved. 

Topics

Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Keeps Crashing on MacOS Mojave

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix for Adobe Acrobat Reader that continuously crashes within 10 seconds of opening a PDF file? I restarted my computer and attempted to download a "patch", which did not work. Additionally, I clicked "enhanced security" under Adobe's preferences to see if there was a protected mode I could opt out of, but there wasn't (see photo). This is quite problematic, and Adobe does not make phone support available for this particular issue... so I'm not sure what else to do.

Security.png

I saw that another post already exists on this topic, but there wasn't a resolution. I was afraid that if I responded to that post, my inquiry would get buried and never resolved. 

Topics

Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be mistaken but is that Adobe Reader X? Lots of reports, but nobody can say why they are running something so very, very old. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marie,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the application is crashing.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer? To check the version of the application please use the help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

Make sure you have the latest version 19.21.20061. Go to Help > Check for Updates. You may also manually download the patch using the link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

If it still doesn't work, please try the following steps:

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC