• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe new version missing capabilities

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new laptop. I downloaded the free Adobe Reader DC and all I can do is open and read PDF's.  I can no longer combine files, organize pages, etc.  Why is that?  My old laptop had Adobe Acrobat DC.  Is that still available for free download?  Why can't I find it anywhere?  Please advise.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Hi Andrea,

Did you notice that it's free? The free version lets you open and read PDFs, fill out forms, make Comments, do a Save As... to send those documents to anyone who is supposed to receive the.

But if you want to combine files, organize pages, etc. you do need to purchase or subscribe to Adobe Acrobat Standard DC (if you are on Windows) or Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (for Mac and Windows).

I hope this helps you but I know it's not what you wanted to hear and for that I'm sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader is a free software. As its name suggest it is just a PDF reader.

If you need to edit PDF files you need Acrobat Pro: https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrea,

Did you notice that it's free? The free version lets you open and read PDFs, fill out forms, make Comments, do a Save As... to send those documents to anyone who is supposed to receive the.

But if you want to combine files, organize pages, etc. you do need to purchase or subscribe to Adobe Acrobat Standard DC (if you are on Windows) or Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (for Mac and Windows).

I hope this helps you but I know it's not what you wanted to hear and for that I'm sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not believe I had Pro before.  I don't think I had to pay in the past.  Is this a new thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat Reader, the free software, has no free ability to combine files, organize pages, etc. and never had such a capability. You must have either had Acrobat Standard or Acrobat Pro installed.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines