Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDF for Big Sur?

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

in order to install Big Sur I had to make a ton of space on my computer and deleted Adobe PDF because it was taking up almost half a GB of space and I figured I could reinstall it after completing the software update. Now here it says that "Acrobat Reader DC, Acrobat DC, Acrobat 2020, and Acrobat 2017 are compatible with macOS Big Sur (version 11)", but I can't seem to install it at all (which is also not surprising because here it doesn't actually give you the app for big Sur). Ive tried installing the latest versions but they always get stuck on "Running package scripts...". 

Any ideas or workarounds? I reaally need to use Adobe PDF for university, as they use FileOpen to encrypt the files and I have no other way of opening these files (the FileOpen app for iPad has not been working since September either) that I desperately need for my coursework. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Download and install , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The printer "Adobe PDF" is not available for a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the big mistake here was installing Big Sur so early. This pain happens every Mac upgrade. It takes app makers time to catch up - sometimes months, and sometimes never. If apps are important, check all of them for compatibility. Never install quickly on a machine where you have work to do - the work is more important than the new gadgets. Perhaps you can roll back or use dual boot through a separate app. (By the way, Adobe PDF isn't an app, so we aren't sure what specific app you are trying to install; if you can be more specific, there might be a trick).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines