Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDF reader activex missing in Internet Explorer 11

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

On Windows 10 Enterprise clean install (media: SW_DVD9_Win_Pro_10_1709.1_64BIT_Hungarian_Pro_Ent_EDU_N_MLF_X21-67534.ISO) I have installed AcroRdr2017Upd1701130080_MUI.msp and AcroRdr20171700830051_MUI.exe. My problem is, the Adobe PDF reader missing from Internet Explorer 11 extensions.

(The screenshot created from Windows 7)

a

I googled a lot, tried the followings:

* msiexec /i {AC76BA86-7AD7-FFFF-7B44-AE1108756300} ADDLOCAL=ReaderBrowserIntegration 

Install completed, nothing changed.

* regsvr32 acropdf64.dll

failed to register

Any suggestion?

Regards,

Krisztian

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Krisztian,

We apologize for the trouble you had with the Adobe PDF Reader plug-in in IE 11.

If you do not see the Adobe PDF Reader add-on, try the other options on the menu. For example, on some systems, the add-on appears when you select Run Without Permission and see if this brings any difference.

You can also check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader installed from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates.

Try repairing the installation files of Adobe Reader from help>repair installation, reboot the machine after repairing Adobe Reader.

If the issue persists, please remove Adobe Reader DC using Acrobat cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine, then reset IE, restart the machine again and install the latest version of Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

You can also refer to the Adobe article Display PDF in browser Adobe Acrobat, Acrobat Reader

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand,

Thanks for reply.

I previously tried repair. I use the latest install set. AcroRdr20171700830051_MUI.exe and AcroRdr2017Upd1701130080_MUI.msp.

On clean install I have same problem.

Could you please more explain this section? Where should I find other options?

If you do not see the Adobe PDF Reader add-on, try the other options on the menu. For example, on some systems, the add-on appears when you select Run Without Permission and see if this brings any difference.

Regards,

Krisztian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Krisztiáns,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. In the add-on window of IE, under the show,  all add-on section select Run Without Permission. Also, install the latest update of Adobe Reade from help>check for updates or install them manually from DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products and see if this issue is reproducible.

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines