• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader 11: standalone download

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried updating Adobe Reader 11 and an update was available.  However the update gavce me an error. I researched the error and it said to uninstall Reader and run the cleaner then reinstall.  I uninstalled, ran the cleaner but the updater gave me a meta file error when attempting to reinstall.  Please advise as to where I can obtain a standalone download of Adobe 11. I do not want the 'cloud' version which seems to be the only version available on the Adobe Reader downloads page now. Thanks.

[Title edited for clarity by moderator. Was "Adobe Reader 11".

TOPICS
Download and install , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

What is your objection to the free Adobe Acrobat Reader DC? I'm asking because Adobe stopped suppor for Acrobat XI last fall and stopped doing security updates. I would be afraid to use it.

With the free Reader, there is no subscription—if that's your concern.

Directions are here if you choose to proceed:

Download and install an older version of Adobe Reader | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your objection to the free Adobe Acrobat Reader DC? I'm asking because Adobe stopped suppor for Acrobat XI last fall and stopped doing security updates. I would be afraid to use it.

With the free Reader, there is no subscription—if that's your concern.

Directions are here if you choose to proceed:

Download and install an older version of Adobe Reader | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed DC and I have just removed it. What a piece of rubbish. I've been using Acrobat since version 1 and even attended the launch in the UK as a developer.

The user interface is ridiculous almost childish what are the designers thinking with these large fonts and falt colour schemes it's appalling alonst as bad as the MS word Ribbon nonsense. I'm not alone there is a discussion on the uservoice  forum about this and Adobe have done nothing about it. They have gone from being a well respected company to one vilified for their decisions in the sapce of 5 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought Adobe couldn't get any worse.  It's name is already Mud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because the cloud stuff hands constantly as I have to do with a very bad internet connection and cannot work anymore. Cloud solutions are great for ideal circumstances as those they are designed in, but the majority of the world (I am in Africa right now), do not have perfect internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not interested in anything to do with the cloud. I just want a basic lightweight reader without all the bloat.  The latest version design is 'horrific'.  I tried it and now wish to return to version XI as I have reinstalled windows 7 on my pc (Windows 10 is also very poor and full of Microsoft spyware (Telemetry), which you can't turn off or set updates to manual).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader DC is not cloud software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the pains 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No doubt. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines