Highlighted

Adobe Reader 9.1 Cannot print - No pages were selected

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to print a PDF on a new Dell PC using Windows XP, sp3, I get a message in a window that says Document cannot be printed. Click ok and the next message is No pages were selected to print. The All button is selected and the message stays the same.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Reader 9.1 Cannot print - No pages were selected

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to print a PDF on a new Dell PC using Windows XP, sp3, I get a message in a window that says Document cannot be printed. Click ok and the next message is No pages were selected to print. The All button is selected and the message stays the same.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What printer? What driver? Can you try to print as image?

Sometimes if you remove the printer driver and re-install it, you can
then print the pdf.

Mike

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem - the printer works fine witrh everything else and was fine with Acrobat Reader prior to the upgrade to 9.

Reisntalling the printer driver is all well and good but the upgrade process is poor if this is a requirement! Think about all the corporates with locked down settings for example.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of sudden I am having the same issues. Not only from Reader 9.1 but from my full version of Acrobat 8 as well. All other programs on my Windows XP box are printing just fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem as you described: I get the "error, no pages selected to print" even though pages are clearly selected to print in the Print dialog.

I am using Adobe Reader on XP/SP2. I deleted and reloaded the printer, HP LaserJet 5200, and rebooted... same problem. I checked for updates for Adobe 9, loaded them, and rebooted...and was able to print for about a week. Then the problem came back again.

I noticed that in the Print dialog->Printer Properties button...Printing Shortcuts dialog...re-select all the drop-downs (i.e. Paper source=automatically select, Paper size=Letter, etc.) and press ok. Seems as if this resets the setting the Print dialog is looking for and Adobe prints the document (at least it did for me, your situation may be totally different, but its something to try).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up uninstalling Adobe Reader and my other copy of Adobe Acrobat 8.x and reinstalling them and the problem went away.

Now everything prints.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just encountered this problem after upgrading to V 9.x.

The solution I stumbled on was to click the page icon on the left hand side under the print icon. Thumbnail images of the document are displayed. I selected the pages I wanted from the thumbnail images and hey presto they printed out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks LisleR99 that worked for me as well. Must be a new "feature" of the latest update. Hopefully they will fix the problem in the next patch.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this but the page icon trick worked however I had an extra level of weirdness.

I had a three page document that I printed to PDF via cutepdf.  I then went into the cutepdf printer preferences and set it to print two pages per sheet.

I then reprinted the 3 -page PDF to cutePDF again ... creating a second PDF with only two pages (page 1 with the original page 1 & 2 and page 2 had the original page 3).

When opened in Reader, the number of pages in the menu bar showed  # of 2 but when I clicked on the "pages" navigation panel, it showed the first page as page 2 and the second page as page 3.  Weird?  Is this due to the reprinting of two pages per sheet or does Reader/Acrobat have a page numbering bug?

Did anyone else that had the "no pages selected problem" notice this page misnumbering/counting problem?

Thanks,

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I

removed and reinstalled Adobe and it did not work.

I went to hel and slected repair Adobe installation.  It Worked!

Best Regards and Good Luck!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Add a group