Highlighted

Adobe Reader Active screen turns black when clicked on

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader on my lap top.  When reader is used for a PDF, it opens normally.  However, once I click on the active part of the screen or document, it blackens with white areas around text.  Difficult at best to try and edit or add signatures, notes and the like.

I am updated; this is only happening with PDFs in Adobe Reader not Acrobat. Running Windows 11.

Suggestions so Reader doesn't cause this in the active document screen?  All other aspects of the software are fine...the top and side toolbars...just the active document turns black.

I found this fix in another thread and it fixed the same issues you are having that I was having as well:

Right-click on your Acrobat Reader DC icon on the desktop or navigate to the AcroRd32.exe file in this folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader

Choose "Troubleshoot Compatibility." Tell the troubleshooter to run this program in Windows 7 compatability mode.

It now works perfectly. NOTE: AcroRd32.exe is a 32bit program -- that's why it's in the (x86) folder. For some reason, Win10 won't run it properly.

Topics

Comment markup and annotate, General troubleshooting, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Reader Active screen turns black when clicked on

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader on my lap top.  When reader is used for a PDF, it opens normally.  However, once I click on the active part of the screen or document, it blackens with white areas around text.  Difficult at best to try and edit or add signatures, notes and the like.

I am updated; this is only happening with PDFs in Adobe Reader not Acrobat. Running Windows 11.

Suggestions so Reader doesn't cause this in the active document screen?  All other aspects of the software are fine...the top and side toolbars...just the active document turns black.

I found this fix in another thread and it fixed the same issues you are having that I was having as well:

Right-click on your Acrobat Reader DC icon on the desktop or navigate to the AcroRd32.exe file in this folder

Choose "Troubleshoot Compatibility." Tell the troubleshooter to run this program in Windows 7 compatability mode.

It now works perfectly. NOTE: AcroRd32.exe is a 32bit program -- that's why it's in the (x86) folder. For some reason, Win10 won't run it properly.

Topics

Comment markup and annotate, General troubleshooting, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 11, 2020 1
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Whenever I open a file and click to scroll down the whole screen turns black. 

I have uninstalled it and installed again but same problem. 

Any ideas?

pdfblack.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue too using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2020.006.20042 on Windows 10.

PDF issue.png

I think it was working for a while (new machine) but has recently started doing this. Could it be related to an update of Windows or the reader?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great!!! It solved the problem!

Thanks a lot

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

delete

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0