• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader and Acrobat co-installed on the same Remote Desktop Session Host server

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are looking to have reader and acrobat pro co-installed on the same Remote Desktop Session Host server.  Users who had a license for Acrobat would use that product, while all others users would utilize reader. I understand the suggested license structure, however why do Reader users have to be licensed? Do they still need a license even though they are not power users who need "Acrobat's" functionality? Can I license only power users and still have "Reader" users access the program without authentication?

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The users who use the Reader will not need a licensed version at all. So no need of a license.

Whereas the users that are granted permission to use Adobe Acrobat Pro need a license and they need to be allowed permission to use it.

Alternatively, people can use a browser app as well if they just want to view a PDF.

I hope this information helps!

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But when a user logs on and double clicks a PDF will Adobe Reader open for unlicensed users and Acrobat DC Pro for licensed users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines