• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader App Crash downloading messages.zip

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, all workstations at our company running Adobe Reader 10.1.4 will have an AppCrash. These are all HP thin clients running Windows 7 Embedded. Adobe will crash about 10 seconds after launch, every time. When I blacklist acroipm.adobe.com at our Corporate firewall so it cannot download messages.zip, all works fine - at least for now. Due to DC's inability to turn off auto updates, we cannot use that. I have tried unchecking the automatic updates box under Preferences->Trust Manager it still will crash. If I apply updates to update to 10.1.16, it crashes immediately without trying to download messages.zip. Is this a problem that started today at Adobe? All worked fine yesterday. We have multiple offices and many workstations all having the same issue. Does anyone know how to fix this without a blacklist of Adobe sites?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi D.P. we have a very similar issue that started today at 10 AM EST. 

Same version - Adobe 10.1.4. One of our customers uses it with Citrix. The same problem does not happen on Adobe Reader 11. Do you have any more insights since you reported the problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, no. I have tried to remove V 10 and install V 11 but my HP Thin Clients do not have enough space to run V 11. For now, blacklisting and blocking the Adobe site from accessing messages.zip seems to work but is not a permanent fix. Unfortunately I do not have Adobe support so I cannot contact them regarding this. It appears the message.zip file on acroipm.adobe.com in /10/rdr/enu/win/nooem/none/message.zip is either  corrupted or infected. V 11 uses message.zip in a different folder so that is probably why V 11 is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also faceing the same problem, but with different version numbers. All our Adobe Reader 11.0 versions are affected. Older as well as newer versions (e.g. DC) are working fine. After blocking the URL acroipm.adobe.com (as @D.P. mentioned before) the application does not crash anymore. However, I'm wondering: What exactly does the program download every time it starts with the message.zip file and more important: how can we stop this behaviour?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting you have this problem with V11, @vainsd84 did not and I was OK with V11 before I blacklisted the Adobe URL's - it was only V10 that was causing me the appcrash. I saw from my firewall logs V10 and V11 download a different message.zip, maybe V11's is now corrupt like V10's causing an appcrash for both now? Adobe PDF should not be going out to the internet to download anything if all updates are turned off so I am confused why it is doing this. I have auto updates off and download trusted certs off but it still goes to acroipm.adobe.com (now blocked). It has to be a corruption in the message.zip file - I would think Adobe would have this fixed by now. I guess blocking Adobe via my firewall is going to be the permanent solution unless Adobe can get this fixed. Hopefully Adobe will address this problem soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Adobe Reader XI v11.0 on Windows 7. We blacklist acroipm.adobe.com and it seems ok. No crash anymore!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here. After blocking the URL it works again – thanks! I must admit, that this is the most rude and naughty way to tray pushing customers to the monthly payroll in hacking our systems. We officially bought and own CS6 and now Adobe is clearly doing sabotage on old customers. There are small schools and business who can not afford to rent Adobe products. The Adobe monopoly is getting way to powerful in this business. Shame they act like this and don't respect us. Peace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines