Highlighted

Adobe reader causing Microsoft .NET Framework Error.

New Here ,
May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error doesn't occur right when my PC starts up. It takes an hour or 2 to appear. The error occurs from the clipboard when I copy and paste texts, it doesn't happen always but 1 of the things that bugs me, is that it opens the error multiple times, so I have to quit out of it 10-100 times, really annoying.

Error code:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException (0x800401D0): Requested Clipboard operation did not succeed.

at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.ThrowIfFailed(Int32 hr)

at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.GetDataObject(Int32 retryTimes, Int32 retryDelay)

at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.GetDataObject()

at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.ContainsText(TextDataFormat format)

at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.ContainsText()

at Adobe_Reader.BackgroundForm.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I've had this issue for a while now, request anything you need to help find a fix.

Best regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe reader causing Microsoft .NET Framework Error.

New Here ,
May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error doesn't occur right when my PC starts up. It takes an hour or 2 to appear. The error occurs from the clipboard when I copy and paste texts, it doesn't happen always but 1 of the things that bugs me, is that it opens the error multiple times, so I have to quit out of it 10-100 times, really annoying.

Error code:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException (0x800401D0): Requested Clipboard operation did not succeed.

at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.ThrowIfFailed(Int32 hr)

at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.GetDataObject(Int32 retryTimes, Int32 retryDelay)

at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.GetDataObject()

at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.ContainsText(TextDataFormat format)

at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.ContainsText()

at Adobe_Reader.BackgroundForm.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I've had this issue for a while now, request anything you need to help find a fix.

Best regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What EXACT version of Adobe Reader or Acrobat Reader do you have (not "latest" please).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Sorry for the late response. I'm not sure if I even have adobe reader or acrobat reader installed. I looked in my files and couldn't find it. It popped up in my error so I assumed Adobe reader had something to do with it. Can you help me locate the file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in c:\program files (X86)\Adobe

What folders do you see?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is what I see.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still have an issue, someone please help me out

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you aren't running Adobe software it isn't clear that Adobe forums are the place to get help.

Looks as if the message is coming from the app you are copying from OR the app you are copying to; try and isolate it to one of these, then contact the maker.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC