• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader Crashes when printing

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running on Windows 10 Version 1809 Build 17763.195 and Adobe Reader DC Version 2019.010.20064, Adobe Reader crashes consistently when printing a large (14 MB) PDF, 13 pages that has been scanned.
The problem is that it takes a long time for the progressbar to run up to 100%, and then the Adobe Reader crashes when it reaches 100%.

After this, the print menu can not be shown again, and it does not help to close the program.
The only why I can get the print preview to work again is to restart the computer or open the taskmanager and force the Adobe Reader to close.

Has anybody else had this problem and is it a known bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LarsPedersen,

We are sorry for the delay in response to your query.

Running on Windows 10 Version 1809 Build 17763.195 and Adobe Reader DC Version 2019.010.20064, Adobe Reader crashes consistently when printing a large (14 MB) PDF, 13 pages that has been scanned. 

• As mentioned, Adobe Reader is crashing when printing a scanned document which is large in size. Is it the only file that's crashing Reader or its crashing on all the prints?

You may try printing a different PDF which is not a scanned document and see the result.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

No, I can recreate the problem with other PDF files of the larger size, that has been scanned.

Smaller PDF files that also have been scanned does work, but it takes a long time for the print job to be sent to the printer query.

I have tried all the steps in the troubleshooting suggestions and the only thing I have not tried is the last part about print production, as the version i'm using here to test with is only the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, not the Pro version.
Is there another way that I can run a Analyze and fix?

Just tried the latest patch also, same problem i'm sorry to say...

Best Regards,
Lars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

No, I can recreate the problem with other PDF files of the larger size, that has been scanned.

Smaller PDF files that also have been scanned does work, but it takes a long time for the print job to be sent to the printer query.

I have tried all the steps in the troubleshooting suggestions and the only thing I have not tried is the last part about print production, as the version i'm using here to test with is only the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, not the Pro version.
Is there another way that I can run a Analyze and fix?

Just tried the latest patch also, same problem i'm sorry to say...

Best Regards,
Lars

PS sorry for the repost, but I have not heard from you in a week 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lars,

I apologize for not being able to reply to your last message.

Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps suggested. Would you please install the latest patch 19.010.20069 Out of cycle update, January 03, 2019 through the release note here: DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Let us know if that makes a difference.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

It's still the same problem 😕

Is there a way for me to send you a file in privat, so you and your team can try it your self?

Best Regards

Lars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lars,

Sincerely apologize for the delay.

Sure! you may send the file to us on email address shared with you via private message. Please do mentioned the forms thread link and my name in the email.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lars,

Thanks for sharing file. We have tried printing the document using Acrobat Reader DC version 2019.010.20069 on Windows . And this issue isn’t reproducible at our end. Reader DC did print the file without getting crashed or freezes. We did check it twice just to make sure its not an intermittent issue.

Please confirm the printer version you are working on? Have you tried printing any other file using a different application? You must need to check whether you have got the latest printer driver installer or not?

For testing purpose, you may create a "Hidden Administrator" account following the instruction given here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/555910/how-to-enable-the-built-in-administrator-account-in-...  and test the application's performance.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

That is really weird...
Our customer that had the problem to begin with, has the same problem that I see here when I try to print it...
When printing, I can see that the printjob is being compiled in Windows printlist, but it just times out...
I have now tried with Microsoft Edge browser and Foxit Reader, and with them it works just fine...

I print out PDF files almost everyday, but this is the first file that I have seen this kind of problem with.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by creating a hidden administrator, I'm the local administrator on my machine that I'm testing from.

The printer that I'm trying to print to is:

"HP Officejet Pro X576dw MFP" using PCL 6

And the customers printer is a Konica Minolta, but I don't know the model.

Is there a way that I can see the print command that Adobe Reader sends to Windows?

Best Regards,

Lars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lars,

I'm sorry for not being able to respond back on time.

Lars Pedersen

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by creating a hidden administrator, I'm the local administrator on my machine that I'm testing from.

Hidden admin would have all the system rights, and would be running very limited applications. If you are still experiencing the same problem, then you may create one as following the below steps-

1-Hold the Windows Key while pressing “R” to bring up the Windows Run dialog box.

2-Type: net user administrator /active:yes

3-Press “Enter“.

Replace “yes” with “no” to disable the admin account on the welcome screen.

Additional- Adobe Acrobat official update (19.010.20098) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NON STOP.

Upgraded to windows 10 and got a new machine, and InDesign crashes every time I try to print.  I also cannot print in color AND my Adobe Acrobat Reader DC says "this document cannot be printed", so even if I export the InDesign file to a PDF to print - I can't even do that.  My company's IT department is stumped and has been working on this daily for over a week and I am getting desperate.  I have sent the crash report to adobe numerous times but have not heard back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines