Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC 2019.008.20071 Doesn't Remember Last Page

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I keep Preferences > Documents > "Restore Last view settings when reopening documents" checked, but after the latest update, this setting is no longer honored.  My PDFs only open from the first page now.  Anyone else hit this snag?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Hello Grrttlucas,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, please reboot the machine once and install the latest patch of Adobe Reader from help>check for updates, or manually from DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Reboot the machine after the update and check.

Assuming you are on Windows machine, repair the installation files of Adobe Reader once and reboot the machine. Repair Adobe Reader from help>repair installation.

Is it specific to one PDF or with all the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Grrttlucas,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, please reboot the machine once and install the latest patch of Adobe Reader from help>check for updates, or manually from DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Reboot the machine after the update and check.

Assuming you are on Windows machine, repair the installation files of Adobe Reader once and reboot the machine. Repair Adobe Reader from help>repair installation.

Is it specific to one PDF or with all the PDF files? Which operating system/version you are on?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand, I appreciate your response.  I will try to repair the installation and see if that helps.  I checked on installing the latest patch and am currently not able to, as I am working from a company PC.  The issue happens with all PDFs I open.  Windows 7.  If repairing the install doesn't help, I will check with my helpdesk and see if I can get an update installed.

Garrett

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Grrttlucas,

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines