Highlighted

Adobe Reader DC 2019.012.20034 Very Slow on Start

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's doing it for us with 2019.012.20034

It might have been before, but noticed it on a machine I'm not normally on.  Corei3-2100.  4GB.  SSD.

We updated to this version a few weeks ago.

Opens immediately with Protected Mode disabled.  Takes 45 seconds with it enabled.  That's opening Reader by itself, not a file.

Link to ProcMon file below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KwV6J0lPfz8FqahV-gbhNU3cTK35p4hk

I set ProcMon settings.  Open Reader with Protected Mode enabled.  Disable Protected Mode and re-opened.  Finally enabled Protected Mode and started Reader again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Reader DC 2019.012.20034 Very Slow on Start

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's doing it for us with 2019.012.20034

It might have been before, but noticed it on a machine I'm not normally on.  Corei3-2100.  4GB.  SSD.

We updated to this version a few weeks ago.

Opens immediately with Protected Mode disabled.  Takes 45 seconds with it enabled.  That's opening Reader by itself, not a file.

Link to ProcMon file below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KwV6J0lPfz8FqahV-gbhNU3cTK35p4hk

I set ProcMon settings.  Open Reader with Protected Mode enabled.  Disable Protected Mode and re-opened.  Finally enabled Protected Mode and started Reader again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FarmersLSD,

Apologies for the delay in response, I hope you would be able to fix it by now.

If the problem still persists, as described above, the application is taking 45 seconds to start, we need some more information for a better understanding:

• What is the OS and the version?

In the meantime, you may try the following steps:

If that doesn't work,

Let us know if that works for you.

Regards,

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS is Windows 10, 1809.

We are already on the latest version as noted in my post.

Using the default preferences already, which is causing the problem.  Protected mode is the issue.  When enabled, it's very slow.  This is happening on MANY machines..

I'm using an admin account.

You want me to uninstall and re-install on 1100 machines?  What kind of answer is that?

I included the ProMon file and my process for getting the results.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

As stated above you have windows 10 operating system, 2019.12.20034 is not the latest version for windows.

• Please update the application to the latest version 2019.12.20035 (Windows), Go to Help > Check for Updates. To know more about the latest version available please refer to the link - DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products
  • Repair installation. Go to Help > Repair Installation.
  • Reboot the application and check.

Let us know if that works for you.

Regards,

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this page it is: PDF reader, PDF viewer | Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

I have updates disabled on the workstations because users can't install applications.

And the Enterprise download is 20034.  Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed the .20035 MSP.  Same issue.

I can enabled Protected Mode and disable AppContainter, and it's fine, also.  So AppContainer is the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
rolllex LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m having the same problems. No solution from Adobe found. Uninstalling now. Installing Foxit Reader instead.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC