• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC (can't install)

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not get Adobe Reader Dc to download and install on my HP Laptop w/Windows 10. It starts and then the screens says  Lost Connection. I have plenty of hard drive space and the internet is working fine. I downloaded some other programs today with not problem. Does anybody have a thought for a solution? Thanks Mark

[Title edited by moderator to be more descriptive of issue.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in response.

In such situation, you may download full installer using this link: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader won't install on my desktop...  I've tried several times from different sites that require adobe reader and it won't download and install.  The download and install phase is processed, but upon clicking to open an adobe reader document I'm brought back to the adobe reader download and install site again.

Is this question going to be answered?  Is Adobe Reader staff going to actually respond?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not providing much information for us to work with, and also your question is not really related to the one you replied to.

So are you able to completely download the installation file? Did the installation process complete? If so, what happens when you try to open the application by itself, not by double-clicking a PDF file? Does it open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The download and install phase is processed, but upon clicking to open an adobe reader document I'm brought back to the adobe reader download and install site again.

I have PDF for some reason...  Nothing seems to be connecting as my printer won't print pdf anymore, either.  But the PDF is available...  So this doesn't make any sense to me anymore.  I've done everything that I did to my old hard drive to my new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mararuth  wrote

The download and install phase is processed, but upon clicking to open an adobe reader document I'm brought back to the adobe reader download and install site again.

Don't open the file in a browser. Open the file in Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!!

Now to figure out all the other stuff...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in response.

In such situation, you may download full installer using this link: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mararuth  wrote

...  I've tried several times from different sites that require adobe reader and it won't download and install. ...

Is this question going to be answered?  Is Adobe Reader staff going to actually respond?

Different sites? You should only be downloading from the Adobe site. Also, this is a user forum and is manned mostly by volunteers trying to help others.

The "different sites" is worrying me just a bit. Also, make sure that your system meets the system requirements. If not, you might need to install an older version.

PDF reader, PDF viewer | Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Download and install an older version of Adobe Reader | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with downloading Adobe Reader Dc. You have to go to

a Distribution site. Here is the link I used.

http://get.adobe.com/reader/completion/?installer=Reader_DC_2018.009.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but that's the one I'm downloading from the sites...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm downloading from the adobe site.  The link is attached to government affiliated sites.

As it relates to my system, I have Windows 8.1 and I am struggling to download the Windows 10 version after upgrading and updating my hard drive.  For some reason, Windows 10 won't install after going through the download and install phase also.  My computer clearly states that the download and install is complete.  I think it would be initializing the installment.  With Adobe it processes the download and install and then I click on the document that is on the government site and it brings me back to the Adobe site to download and install the software again.

Windows  OS

• 1.5GHz or faster processor (Yes, 540 @ 3.07GHz  3.06GHz)
  • Windows Server 2008 R2 (32 bit and 64 bit), 2012 (64 bit), or 2012 R2 (64 bit); Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit); Windows 8 (32 bit and 64 bit); Windows 10

(Yes, Windows 8.1)

• 1GB of RAM (Yes, 8.00)
  • 380MB of available hard-disk space (Yes, 1TB)
  • 1024x768 screen resolution (Yes, 1920x1080 recommended)
  • Internet Explorer 8, 9, or 10, 11; Firefox Extended Support Release (Yes, Whatever comes with Windows 8.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines