Highlighted

Adobe Reader DC crashes when I hit print

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the suggestions on line which say go to Preferences on the Tool Bar but there is nothing in Tools?

Has anybody else had this problem.

The only thing that changed on my PC that might have affected it is that I added a new font yesterday

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Reader DC crashes when I hit print

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the suggestions on line which say go to Preferences on the Tool Bar but there is nothing in Tools?

Has anybody else had this problem.

The only thing that changed on my PC that might have affected it is that I added a new font yesterday

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Catrionab,

As mentioned, Adobe Reader crashes on printing. Does it crashes on all the files that you try to print after installing the font?

Check with any other file, and see if that causes the crash too.

Try disabling the following settings once, Open Reader>Edit>Preferences>Security(Enhanced)>disable "Protected mode at startup" and "Enhanced Security">OK>Reboot Reader

Note: Changing the above security settings could pose security risks. We suggest you to turn it back On once you are done with testing.

Let us know the result.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Akancha

When I click on Preferences, Adobe Crashes (exactly same way as when I click on Print)

I don’t know much about this but is there a connection to the .reg file which I think was involved in the font updating which I think caused the problem

Catriona Barry

General Manager

[personal information removed by moderator]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catriona,

Try these options.

1. Uninstall the font and then retry to print from Adobe Reader DC.
  2. Try to install the same font on another PC and see if the problem is font or PC.
  3. If option#2 causes the same problems in another PC then try it on any other Operating System, I have mac so I can test it for you as well, if you like, to see if it's because of O.S or not.

Thanks,

Zain

Design Thinking Expert, Director UX

Experts Desk

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Zain

I have uninstalled the font – at least its not showing when I go into Control Panel Appearances|Fonts

However it might have left traces in the system

I can open a pdf but when I try to print it crashes and when I go to tools there is nothing there

Catriona Barry

General Manager

[personal information removed by moderator]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Akki_24 LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad to hear it still didn't fix Catriona.

How about giving a try by uninstalling the Reader DC and reinstalling it? If you already tried it, then user cleaner tool to remove left overs: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reinstall it through: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

-Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC