• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC crashes

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be an old problem which many people have never figured out how to solve.  Adobe Reader DC used to work fine on my W10 desktop PC, but suddenly, even though I haven't made any changes to my system, it always crashes with no error message after about 20 seconds. I have tried every solution I can find on the internet, including updating Adobe Reader PC to the latest version, uninstalling it and reinstalling the latest version, running Repair Acrobat Installation while no other applications are running, turning off protected view, launching Distiller AD to check if Acrobat DC is activated, and several others.  If you can find a solution suggested on the internet, I have almost also found it and tried it without success.  So now Acrobat DC is useless to me.  Has anyone ever found a solution to this that actually works?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posted in the wrong community. Moving this to the Acrobat Reader Community.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonc

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the application is crashing within 20 seconds

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat reader you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat.

Is this a behavior with a particular file or is it crashing in general? If its a file specific issue, is the file located on a shared network/drive? If yes, please try to download the file to your computer locally and then try to open it and check.

As you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps and the issue still persists, please try to create a new test user profile on Windows with full admin rights and try to use the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the acrobat cleaner tool https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html  , reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the link https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ and update the application to the latest version 20.12.20043 from the help menu after installing the application.

Let us now how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I would like to point out that I am also experiencing the same issue as Jonc. I have also done all the same steps as Jonc, as well as the steps that you recommended, and the issue still persists.

The only difference between Jonc and myself is that I am running Adobe Acrobat DC Pro and the crash happens after X minutes rather than seconds.

The version of Adobe Acrobat DC Pro  that I am running is 20.12.20043

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original question was about Acrobat Reader. You're talking about Acrobat Pro... The two are not the same thing, despite the similar names. I suggest you post your question in the Acrobat forum, and include the OS version you have, what exactly happens, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem with my Adobe Acrobat Reader crashing after about 15 seconds after opening any document. I first ried downloading the latest version, but the download stopped and said I was already running the lates version. The Reader still crashed the same as before.

I then uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version and it worked fine......,  for a day. Next day it was stalling again same as before. This is very frustrating.

Fortunately I am able to view any Acrobat documents received by e-mail, or previously saved in my documents by opening with Firefox. But I presume this way may lose some of the security features which are the hallmark of Adobe Acrobat Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that, please checkout the steps shared in the help pages listed below and see if that works:

- https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html

- https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html

Note: Steps are same for Acrobat Reader and Acrobat Pro DC

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal, but that didn't work. But hey, as I say, Why should I struggle with a system that doesn't work, if I can just open the documents with Firefox?

Feel free to let me know if you think you have found some reason for Adobe Reader's failure

Regards,

Richard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Richard

There could be many reasons for the application crash.

Are you on a work computer managed by IT or a personal machine? Please try to switch the network to a different one and see if that helps.

Is the application crashing with a particular document or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file. If the file is stored on a shared network drive please download it to your computer locally and check.

Also please try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Win Only) go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > uncheck 'Enable protected mode at startup' turn off the protected mode and uncheck 'Enhanced Security' > Click OK and reboot the system once.
Note: Please turn oin the security after testing to avoid any security risk.

You may also try to creare a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows and try using the application there .

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines