• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC giving error message "File is damaged, cannot be opened or repaired"

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was working on filling in a dynamic PDF Questionnare for an application process. It worked perfectly fine to download and save the file, and I had no issues saving, reopening, and editing the document the first 4 or 5 times I worked on it. It is a large PDF as part of a rigourous application prcoess, and I spent over a week doing work on it already. I need to be able to repair this file as I do not have time to start from scratch. My Adobe Reader is up to date, and I attempted to repair the installation, which did not help. I have no issues opening any other PDF's on my desktop or in Adobe Reader, so I assuming the file is corrupted. Assitance repairing the file as soon as possible would be unbelievably helpful, please!!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Reader you can't repair PDF files. How did you create it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't create the file, it was sent to me with the instructions to download and save it using Adobe Reader. It is a dynamic PDF so i have to fill it out. I didn't have any issues with it the first 3 times I worked on it, but I went to open it yesterday and got that error message saying it was damaged.

Is it a lost cause?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi DavidWilbs10, 

Thanks for the report. If possible, can you please share 1 buggy pdf with us so that we can investigate it further. 

Regards, 

Priyanka 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines