• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC | Internet Explorer KB4571687 | Can't print PDF file

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader DC 2020.012.20043 | Internet Explorer KB4571687 - Cumulative Update August 2020 | Can't print PDF file from Internet Explorer

Reproduced on several Computers with the Cumulative Update

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Open PDF file from Internet Explorer (File > Open > All Files > PDF File)
  2. Press the Printer icon  - The print dialog won't open.

XHZoDlT3Ym.gif

Workaround:

• On Internet Explorer, under "Manage Addons" select "All add-ons" or "Run Without Permission" then choose "Adobe PDF" - disable it
    XNcvL1nvji.png

By doing that, Internet Explorer will start the "Open, Save, Cancel" Dialog and allow you

to Open the file and print by pressing the Printer icon

• Install different PDF Reader - like Foxit Reader - it works as intended - when pressing the Printer icon, the print dialog will start
TOPICS
PDF and browsers , Print , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just checked it for myself and you're right 😳, funny though.. reinstall doesn't seem to help at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to add to this, specifically workaround #2. You may need to go under the "Show" option and select All add-ons, then you will be able to disable the PDF Reader add-on. The add-on will not show in the default view unless it is currently running on the PC.Untitled.png

@Adobe. Please do not ignore this thread. There was another great thread about this exact topic that was making progress and was then locked after a completely unrelated patch was released by Microsoft that had absolutely nothing to do with the actual issue.

This has been an issue for about a month now and it does not seem to be getting much attention by anyone except the community. Microsoft has nothing about it in known issues for version 2004 and I can't find anything from your company regarding it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the comment.

For some reason, on few of the computers I've encountered, the add-on is not shown , although I've chose all Addons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this I found it located under the run without permissions area. I will say this workaround was extremely helpful until a fix can be applied. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--- Delete this reply, Posted it by mistake ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I'll add the "Run without permissions" section to the main thread 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems that this is being ignored by Adobe and the only workaround is what is mentioned above or disabling "Enable Protected Mode at startup" under "Security (Enhanced)" in Adobe Reader "Preferences".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines