• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC is not Displaying barcode- Barcode are Greys out.

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

Can some one help with this please?  I have a PDF form which has a barcode field.  when this form is opened with Acrobat PRO and Generate Barcode action fills the barcode field with the 2 D Barcode.  But the same PDF form when opened with Adobe Reader DC does not  generate the Barcode,  the barcode field is greyed out.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

You must enable this feature in the document. You must use a server product for this. The old name of this product was LiveCycle Reader Extensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Adobe Acrobat, not Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd,

Thanks for your reply. This form is for external customers who are going to use Adobe Reader to view and fill up the form. So I need to make this Work with Adobe Reader. Also with Adobe Reader , I am able to fill up the form , it is just the Barcode which is not showing in the Barcode area, It is grayed out.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must enable this feature in the document. You must use a server product for this. The old name of this product was LiveCycle Reader Extensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe acrobat Pro  and  Adobe live cycle designer ES4, so do I need other sever product along with these two ?  Is this the one you mentioned LiveCycle Reader Extensions ES4, will get the issue resolved ?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Livecycle Reader Extensions are going away to be replaced by Adobe Experience Manager forms.

With any luck (I haven't checked because I don't have the need anymore) it will be cheaper than Livecycle which could cost in the thousands of dollars per form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help everyone.  I need to try out the solutions suggested and see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Were you able to try with newer adobe products? Please update your results if possible. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

May i know whether your issue is resolved . If yes could you please share the details .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Por favor no me envien mas mensajes. Tengo la casilla de correo llena de mensajes de Uds. Me envían hasta 10 por díaAJRigoniEnviado desde mi Movistar 4G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are instructions at the bottom of each email on how to unsubscribe. We can't do it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines