• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC not opening in Windows 10 after last update (20.006.20034)

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I'm unable to open any PDF using Adobe Reader DC since the last update (yesterday was OK, but since this afternoon, it's not working anymore), with Windows 10. I tried to uninstall Adobe Reader DC, download it and install it again, but the problem remains.

I managed to open it as an administrator and forcing it to open without the protected mode. I could open PDF again via Adobe menu, but they wouldn't open if I click on them. Once I close Adobe, the problem is still there: to make it work, I have to open each time as an administrator (and I paramatered to open always without protected mode, other wise it would ask each time).

Does someone know the origin of this problem and how could it be solved? Even if I can still use, it's not really pratical to open PDF via Adobe menu each time and look for them in all the folders.

Thanks for the assistance

Alex

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

As you have mentioned above, you cannot open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Do you mean that when you click on the PDF, it does not open in Reader DC but can be opened from the Reader DC option File > Open. Is that correct?

If yes, please confirm if the PDF opens in Acrobat when you try to open them directly. 

If that is the case, it is an as designed behaviour. If you have subscription and the Acrobat installed on the machine, the PDFs will directly open in the Acrobat even if  Reader DC is set as default application to open the PDFs.

If that is not the case, would you mind sharing the exact workflow you do to open the PDF? Also, let us know if the PDFs are saved on the machine or on some network drive.

It would be helpful if you can share the logs for the same using the Process montitor tool https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatmonitor.html

We will be waiting for your response.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

Yes, when I click on PDF, they do not open in Reader DC, but I can open them Reader DC (after I opened it as administrator without "protected mode") using File > Open. However, if Reader DC is opened, PDF do not open if I click on them. It is not one particular PDF file, the problem occurs for all of those I tried, either saved on the machine or on hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

Thank you for sharing the details. 

Please let us know if you are using any antivirus on the machine. Also, confirm if you are using the application on the work machine or on a personal machine.

Try creating a new user profile on the machine and install the application there. Check if the issue still occurs.

It would be helpful if you can share the logs for the issue. To collect the logs, please use the Process monitor tool https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatmonitor.html

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey!

Yes, I'm using AVAST antivirus on the machine, which is a personnal one. I don't understand why I should create a new user profile since I'm using Acrobat reader DC only. I used the Process monitor tools, how do you want me to share the logs?

Alexandre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines