• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe reader DC: unsupported file

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe reader DC and I use it mainly to send documents for signature.  I have one document "Proposals" and that sends for signature just fine.  I have another document "contract" that I get an error message: could not send unsupported file.  Why can I send one and not the other??  The proposal is a normal PDF file.  The Contract is a form created by one of our companies and it was created with Adobe Indesign CS3(5.0) and it is "secured" but in the permissions it is checked to be able to receive signatures.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Send for Signature doesn't support protected files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove the security from the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe we need this contract secured because the contents of the document are encypted and search engines can not access the documents metadata.

so is the security causing it to be unsupported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send for Signature doesn't support protected files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as stated above Acrobat reader DC  "send for signature" tool does not support protected files.  My question is.... Will Adobe PDF Pack? as discribed below

can I collect signatures from others and manage signed documents in Acrobat Reader DC?

Yes. When you subscribe to Adobe PDF Pack, you can request signatures from others and track and manage responses by choosing Send for Signature from the Tools Center in Reader.

Using the companion Adobe Sign mobile app, you can do the same tasks on an Android or iOS device. To download the app for free, visit Google Play or the iTunes App Store. You can also send files for signature using your web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the point of sending an unprotected document for signature when the person on the other end has the ability to manipulate the document before signing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is the point of sending a file for signature if the signatory can change the content?

Adobe has to keep up...docusign is way better when it comes to this e-signature feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for reaching out.

If you are sending the document for signature using the Request Signature feature/ Adobe Sign in the application, the recipient will not be able to make changes to the document content. He/ she will have access only to the form fields assigned to them.

It is true that it does not support the document which is secured/ or password protected. However, you do have the option to password protect the document in Adobe Sign when sending it for signature.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is worthless... as a realtor I have fillable forms from my MLS that I fill out and need to send for signatures to clients.  Why am I paying for AdobeSign if I can't send an already secure PDF to a client.  I can NOT remove the security from the forms because they are standard forms that are part of my subscription and the MLS does NOT allow any changes other than filling out the forms.  Thus I do not have the security code to remove security.  Guess I get to pay for DocuSign too!  Thanks for nothing Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines