Highlighted

Adobe reader DC: unsupported file

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe reader DC and I use it mainly to send documents for signature.  I have one document "Proposals" and that sends for signature just fine.  I have another document "contract" that I get an error message: could not send unsupported file.  Why can I send one and not the other??  The proposal is a normal PDF file.  The Contract is a form created by one of our companies and it was created with Adobe Indesign CS3(5.0) and it is "secured" but in the permissions it is checked to be able to receive signatures.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bernd Alheit | Adobe Community Professional

Send for Signature doesn't support protected files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe reader DC: unsupported file

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe reader DC and I use it mainly to send documents for signature.  I have one document "Proposals" and that sends for signature just fine.  I have another document "contract" that I get an error message: could not send unsupported file.  Why can I send one and not the other??  The proposal is a normal PDF file.  The Contract is a form created by one of our companies and it was created with Adobe Indesign CS3(5.0) and it is "secured" but in the permissions it is checked to be able to receive signatures.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bernd Alheit | Adobe Community Professional

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove the security from the document.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe we need this contract secured because the contents of the document are encypted and search engines can not access the documents metadata.

so is the security causing it to be unsupported?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as stated above Acrobat reader DC  "send for signature" tool does not support protected files.  My question is.... Will Adobe PDF Pack? as discribed below

can I collect signatures from others and manage signed documents in Acrobat Reader DC?

Yes. When you subscribe to Adobe PDF Pack, you can request signatures from others and track and manage responses by choosing Send for Signature from the Tools Center in Reader.

Using the companion Adobe Sign mobile app, you can do the same tasks on an Android or iOS device. To download the app for free, visit Google Play or the iTunes App Store. You can also send files for signature using your web browser.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the point of sending an unprotected document for signature when the person on the other end has the ability to manipulate the document before signing?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC