Highlighted

Adobe Reader DC will not install on MacBook Air.

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-

I've been working on trying to install Adobe Reader onto my MacBook Air.  Just worked with Apple for over an hour.  Reinstalled OS  Currently using Mojave 10.14.6

Trying to install current reader version 2019.012.20036

Every time I try to install it freezes in the same place.  Have tried installing with Chrome, Firefox, and Safari on and off of safe/recovery mode.  Any help would be appreciated-- this is super frustrating.

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 5.45.48 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Reader DC will not install on MacBook Air.

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-

I've been working on trying to install Adobe Reader onto my MacBook Air.  Just worked with Apple for over an hour.  Reinstalled OS  Currently using Mojave 10.14.6

Trying to install current reader version 2019.012.20036

Every time I try to install it freezes in the same place.  Have tried installing with Chrome, Firefox, and Safari on and off of safe/recovery mode.  Any help would be appreciated-- this is super frustrating.

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 5.45.48 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meganroth,

Sorry for the trouble.

Please try once to run the cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs and reboot the Mac.

Then install the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC from here Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Check if that helps,

If you are still not able to install the application, try the troubleshooting steps provided in the following help document.

- Troubleshoot Adobe Acrobat Reader download and installation on Mac OS

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenakshi

[Edited Response]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you so much for your help. When I ran the cleaner tool, it said that

there the software was not found. When I tried to reinstall it, it got

stuck in the same exact place- Running Package Scripts.... one minute less.

I also tried the troubleshooting steps, which did not help.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 10:21 PM meenakshin83966505 <

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Meganroth,

Thank you for sharing the details and sorry for the trouble, would you mind checking for any pending updates of the operating system and install it.

Reboot the machine after installing the updates and try the installation process again.

For testing purpose, please create a test user profile with full admin rights and install Adobe Reader and check.

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I updated my computer, created a new test profile and the app install

stalled out and froze at the same place.

I did this step with the folks at Apple, too, with the same result.

Any further help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Megan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
AnandSri LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Megan!

Thank you for sharing the details and sorry for the trouble, please collect the log files of the affected machine and share it with us in private message. Collect the log files, upload it to the Document Cloud Storage https://documentcloud.adobe.com

Generate the share link and share the link in private message How Do I Send  Private Message | Adobe Community

Log collector tool How to use the Creative Cloud Log Collector tool

Regards,

Anand Sri.

[Edited response]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC