• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe reader DC with Windows 10 email App from store issue

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue that I was made aware today. When trying to use the email icon to send a pdf via email using the windows 10 mail app I get that the default mail client is unknown and by pressing send I get the error "Adobe Acrobat is unable to connect to your email program". I checked the menu email accounts in preferences and there is no more the default mail account (I get an empty list). I have tried to uninstall the acrobat reader with the cleaner as well as the mail app and cleaned all the user data, reinstalled adobe reader dc from the adobe website as well as the mail app from the store and got the same results. I checked the registry Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail and get only the hotmail entry which is created when I install the mail app. I then deleted the entry and repeated the uninstall/install of both applications after a reboot. The key is created again but still cannot send from adobe reader. The exact same thing occurs in 2 more computers that I have checked in the network, I'm sure all PCs with the same configuration have the same issue.

Finally for haveing a complete troubleshooting cycle, I install MS Outlook 2013 with which the feature works as it is supposed!

Is there a fix for this? Can I do something to overcome this issue? I have a bunch of machines that cannot have Oulook installed and need this feature to opeate.

Please Help!

Gregoris Tsintaris 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Share or review PDFs , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Noone cares for us. I have same problem. Adobe don't want to tell us if Acrobat can even work with Mail for Windows 10.

I used hours of my time for research and testing - and as it turns out - I can't find a way to send PDF directly from Acrobat via Mail for Windows 10 app. 

And response from Adobe...is just sad. They send us same video all the time, how to set up gmail in Adobe... so angry..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines