Highlighted

Adobe Reader Displays PDFs as blank - PDFs work in Edge, Chrome, etc.

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have downloaded a few PDFs in the past month from vendors and contractors that are coming up as blank in Reader but work fine in all other programs. I have tried reinstalling to no avail. Any ideas/suggestions?

Windows 10 64bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Reader Displays PDFs as blank - PDFs work in Edge, Chrome, etc.

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have downloaded a few PDFs in the past month from vendors and contractors that are coming up as blank in Reader but work fine in all other programs. I have tried reinstalling to no avail. Any ideas/suggestions?

Windows 10 64bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

If I understand it correctly, then the pdfs you have downloaded are opening fine when its open within web browser. However, when same PDFs are being viewed under within desktop application Adobe Reader then it comes up as blank. 

1. Would you mind confirming, where exactly do you have those pdfs saved?
  2. Is there any trouble viewing the other than the downloaded pdfs within Reader?
  3. Since you have already uninstalled reinstalled application, for testing you may try the following step-

Navigate to Reader>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Startup" and "Enhanced Security">OK>Reboot Reader

Note: Changing the above security settings could pose security risks. We suggest you to turn it back On once you are done with testing.

Let us know if this works.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
vks LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Thank you for the rapid response. I was mistaken - I was using Adobe Reader Touch and not Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. I assumed it was the same program. Acrobat Reader DC works with all documents I have and runs quite a bit faster too! I did not need to change any settings for the documents to work. Files were stored on Desktop, external drives, network drives, etc.. -- it seems that Reader Touch had some issues and there are not any options to adjust the program. Thank you for help. The issue is now resolved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC