• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader fill/sign error

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My State requires adobe reader fill/sign to complete taxes...getting Adobe error "unknown error" when trying to  edit a field opening the file direct on Adobe Reader....Uninstalled and reinstalled latest version 2020.009.20063 download from site...still getting "operation failed because of unknown error"....very frustrating. I have read several forum entries but they all seem to require me to purchase services..I just need to auto fill and print the PDF so I can submit taxes..(I prefer not to use efile)..have had no issues in years past. If this is a problem with the PDF I can try contacting tax dept. but unless I can tell them what is wrong with their PDF I doubt I will get attention. Here is link to PDF if someone with edit can test. https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/ads/efile_addit201.htm

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay..if I use firefox browser...it opens in browser with warning that PDF viewr is not compatible....and upper right has a button to "Open with Different Viewer"....I select that and open again with Adobe reader and I am now able to edit. Not sure what it does not like when I try to use the file saved locally with latest version of Adobe reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are glad to hear that the issue got fixed and you are able to edit the PDF files. Also as we can see you are using an old version 20.009.20063. A new version 20.009.20067 is now available please update the application from the help menu > check for updates.
You may also download the patch manually using the link DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products and see if that help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines