• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader icon not showing on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro and I did a reset to start everything from fresh. I installed the latest version of Adobe Reader DC. After using it once and closing it, the icon no longer appears. I tried uninstalling and installing again, but no icon from the onset.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Try this solution ... it worked for me

Icon Adobe Reader DC on taskbar is wrong - Super User

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a script for this problem: https://github.com/edhale3/Script-to-Fix-Adobe-Reader-Icon/blob/master/adobeIcon_script.ps1

Make sure to run as Powershell admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

I was having the same issue where the Acrobat icon was not showing up in the program list correctly. If I created a new user on my computer, it showed correctly. I've tried everything else: delete Windows index, icon cache, uninstall Acrobat, etc... The workaround of creating a new shortcut bothered me.

I believe these files are the suspects: 

Annotation 2020-04-25 215936.jpg

After deleting these, I ran the installation repair, and a Windows Disk Cleanup (clear everything but my Downloads and Desktop) and it's working on my account now! I'm not sure if all of this was necessary, but it worked for me.

I also deleted these, but I suspect these were not the issue. Adobe or Windows automatically recreated these after I deleted them. However the two files in the Roaming folder were not recreated.

Annotation 2020-04-25 220854.jpg

I used Ultrasearch from JAM software to help me find these files. 

https://www.jam-software.com/ultrasearch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue 

but solved

the easy way is to go to start menu left in the corner right click adobe illustrator logo, select more, see file location=> right click the shortcut select preferences , select shortcut in the menus above and at the bottom change icon and select the icon file you find here
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2020\Support Files\Contents\Windows\AI_Application_Icon.ico

and done
fresh restart of the shortcuts remove it from taskbar go to start repin it to the taskbar and it should pop up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what worked for me to correct this issue just now - and it's easy.

1.) With your Windows desktop showing, click Windows Start button on the lower left. Look for your Adobe program(s) in the list of programs. I attached a screenshot of this step.

2.) Place your cursor (with a left-click and hold it) on the Adobe program name (for which the icon is currently missing on your desktop), and drag it to your desktop. Voila! This worked for me this morning to restore the normal-looking Adobe shortcut icons for a couple of programs on my desktop. I then deleted the previous Adobe shortcuts that had no program icon displayed. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow!  All these convoluted solutions to delete files, change files, rebuild a database, etc......

Solution for me turned out to be to just deselect Display File icon on thumbnails and to select Always show icons, never thumbnails in my folder view and search options. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines