Highlighted

Adobe Reader icon not showing on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro and I did a reset to start everything from fresh. I installed the latest version of Adobe Reader DC. After using it once and closing it, the icon no longer appears. I tried uninstalling and installing again, but no icon from the onset.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Reader icon not showing on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro and I did a reset to start everything from fresh. I installed the latest version of Adobe Reader DC. After using it once and closing it, the icon no longer appears. I tried uninstalling and installing again, but no icon from the onset.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi meabletime,

Have you created desktop icon or pinned Adobe Acrobat Reader DC in the taskbar?

Are you able to open Adobe Acrobat Reader DC through Start menu -> All Program?

Regards,

Aadesh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I can open Adobe Reader from a desktop icon, taskbar, and through the start menu> all apps, but in all instances there is no 'actual' icon but what looks like a placeholder. Please see the image below, the 3 red arrows show what I am talking about.

Thanks for the quick response,

MeableTime

Adobe Reader Icon Problem.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... Bug i think!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Aedesh the support guy:  Are you ever going to come back to the thread and help?  This bug was reported nearly a year ago and Adobe support hasn't bothered with it.   Literally everyone on Windows 10 has no proper icon for this app.   Seems like kind of a huge bug to just ignore?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just clean installed Windows 10 and latest Windows Update.

I try to install Adobe Reader DC. I have the same problem. uninstall and reinstall many time but doesn't work. please fix this problem.

จับภาพ.PNG

ภาพหน้าจอ-(1).gif

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. Adobe Reader DC icon broken on Windows 10 Pro.

The Desktop shortcut icon is showing perfectly but the icon is broken in the start menu.

Very annoying.....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I have the same problem on Windows 10 with the new build of November and with the last Adobe Reader DC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this solution ... it worked for me

Icon Adobe Reader DC on taskbar is wrong - Super User

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You legend. That solution worked for me. It had been driving me mad!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow... this worked.Thank you very much.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is how to fix Taskbar Icons Missing In Windows 10

1- First of all, click on an empty space in the taskbar and from the context menu that appears, click on the Properties option.

2- A new window named Taskbar and Start Menu Properties opens up. Under the tab Taskbar, find and click on the button named Customize as shown in the screenshot.

3- Click on the option entry Notifications and actions from the left pane of the System Settings window. Now in the right window pane, look for a link that says Select which icons appear on the taskbar and click on it.

4- Now a list of icons appears from which you can select from. If you look at the taskbar now, you will now be able to see a nearly empty taskbar which can be customized by following the next step.

5- As next, turn on the toggle buttons corresponding to the icons that you want to see in your taskbar. As you turn on the toggle button corresponding to an icon, it appears instantly in the taskbar.

Link removed by Moderator

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brilliant and well stated

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.

This is a very annoying bug and present for already one year now. Sure, with jcamargo79 solution the icon can be re-stored but with every Reader update the icon is destroyed again.

Is any update-proof solution available?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Add a group