Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader keeps crashing as soon as I start typing in a document

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My adobe reader keeps crashing as soon as I start typing in any document. I go to "Tools" then "Fill and Sign" and then start typing in the document and after three key strokes it crashes every single time. I have tried the update, and uninstalling and reinstalling and it continues to be a problem. Any help??

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ashleyp,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, what is the verison of Adobe Reader installed? To identify, refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version?

Is Adobe Reader is crashing while using the 'Fill and SIgn' tools only? Or is it crashing when you launch the Application and view a PDF file?

Navigate to Adobe Reader's preferences once from edit>preferences>security(enhanced)>and disable ' Enable Protected Mode at Startup' and 'Enable Enhanced Security'>click OK and restart the application and check.

Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader 19.010.20069 installed.

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI AnandSri,

I have the latest version, I just checked this morning. I am working on a Windows computer. I followed your instructions to disable "enable protected mode at start up" and enable "enable enhanced security" and that did not help.

It seems to crash every single time I open Adobe, and start to use the tools to edit a document. As soon as I start typing I can only get three letters typed and it crashes. It seems to be when I use the "shift" button to capitalize a letter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details and I am sorry for the trouble. Would you mind sharing the dot version of the latest Adobe Reader you have? Is it Adobe Reader 19.010.20069?

Is it a Windows 10 machine or Windows 8 or 7?

Check for any pending updates of Windows as well from the control panel and install them, reboot the machine after installing the updates.

For testing purpose, please create a test user profile with full admin rights and check.

Also, I have shared the steps to collect the log files by the direct message of the machine on which Adobe Reader is crashing, please check your email inbox. Collect the log files and share it in the same direct/private message.

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Literally the same exact thing that is being discussed is happening to me. I have a 2015 Mac and I am running OS Catalina version 10.15.1. Happens every time I start typing in a document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines