• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader not Auto Updating

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have Reader 20.9.20063 installed on multiple machines. We used the Reader Customization tool to set basic things like Accepting the EULA. There are not options in the Customization tool to disable Auto Updates. Since we deployed 20.9.20063, multiple versions of Reader have come out but not of our computers have updated to those versions. 

In the Reader Edit -> Perferences there is no Updater option. 

When we look in the registry at 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe ARM\1.0\ARM 

iCheckReader is set to 3 by default which is Automatically download and install updates. 

We have run the schedule task by and nothing, we've run AdobeARM.exe by hand and nothing. It checks for new updates everyday at 10 AM and on bootup and I would think it would of found something by now. 

We have added the verbose logging registry key iLogLevel with a value of 1 to collect logs which says: 

FeatureLockDown set to disable Updater

Which is odd becasue every else points to Updater being set to default values which is to auto update. 

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Download and install , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send me the log(s) you collected.

You can also search Registry to make sure bUpdater is not set for a product you expect to be updated.

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/PrefRef/Windows/Updater-Win.html#idkeyname_1_2738...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That seemed to be my issues. The bUpdater registry key was set to 0 and not 1. Once it was set to 1 we could run the Adobe Update Task, and Reader would update.

My question is by default why would that be set to 0 and not set to 1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines