Highlighted

Adobe Reader (older version) Download

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I was having a problem with my PC so I uninstalled Adobe Reader, thinking I can re-install it again later.  Now I find I may not be capable of downloading and installing Adobe Reader because of my Operating System.  Can this be true?

I was hoping to get guidance from Adobe.com as to where to find an (older version) Adobe Reader Download and how to install again onto my current PC.

MY CURRENT...

PC:  HP - Desktop Model m8532f

Thank you in advance for all the advice.

B

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

You can get older versions from here: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/

TOPICS
Download and install, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Reader (older version) Download

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I was having a problem with my PC so I uninstalled Adobe Reader, thinking I can re-install it again later.  Now I find I may not be capable of downloading and installing Adobe Reader because of my Operating System.  Can this be true?

I was hoping to get guidance from Adobe.com as to where to find an (older version) Adobe Reader Download and how to install again onto my current PC.

MY CURRENT...

PC:  HP - Desktop Model m8532f

Thank you in advance for all the advice.

B

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

TOPICS
Download and install, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 02, 2016 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2016 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try67.

I am new to this so please forgive me for bothering you but which one should I pick?  That is a very long list of downloads.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2016 0
Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that Reader 10 was the last version compatible with Vista, so you should probably get that one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to delete my post.  Couldn't

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a devotee of Windows Vista. You should be aware that Reader X is no longer supported: End of support for Acrobat X and Reader X . When I was using Reader X on Vista, I found that all patches later than 10.1.4 (released August 2012) caused problems; so I switched to Reader XI, which never officially supported Vista but nevertheless has caused me no problems. My Reader is currently patched to the very latest 11.0.16 version.

I recently learned that Foxit Reader has also ended support for Vista. I you were looking for a PDF reader that currently supports Vista, then you might want to try Sumatra.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2016 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I just downloaded and then updated Reader X.  I tested it and it seems to be working fine (for now?).  I looked at my other choices, such as you suggested, Reader XI and the there is no file there with .exe   They are all .msp and I am not sure how I would install it.  What kinds of problems should I expect to soon see?

can you further advise?

Thank you for your time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2016 0
Enthusiast ,
Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you updated to the final 10.1.16 version? Personally, I lost all patience with Reader X a few versions earlier than that; but other Reader X users running Vista have reported problems with it - most recently DaleBr on May 22. I don't have time to write a book tonight, but DaleBr's thread should answer your questions: Adobe Reader crashes when it tries to open .pdf files: No Vista option for updates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2016 0
Explorer ,
May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont like the latest adobe reader, unfortunately it was installed automatically. I hate it when programs install updates automatically. Where do I get the 2015 version which was nicer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eireannsg,

You can install the older version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC from here Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Windows

However, it is always suggested to use the latest version of the application.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have tried with ftp server, this link: https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?product=10&platform=Windows and this link: https://get.adobe.com/en/reader/otherversions/
But still can not find Adobe Reader 9x versions.
Ftp server is not available and the other links do not have version 9 in some places.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2018 0
Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The FTP server looks good to me. What problem do you face?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2018 0
Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The FTP server works fine. The installers for Reader 9 for Windows are available here: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/9.x/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working fine now. thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to delete post.  Couldn't

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0