• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe reader preferences

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, the problem I am having is, being able to simply save default preferences so that every pdf opens with the same view and tool defaults

I am hoping that after 20+ years of invested research, technological improvements, and most importantly the solid customer service reputation that caters the product to the general consumer marketbase, such as a freeware to just read pdfs, there is a practical and convenient solution to an issue that seems to me, would be the FIRST THING considered when applying the concept of USEABILITY

I dont want to buy cloud ok, adobe is a failed state. I just want to be able to not have to customize every pdf in my catalogue

and would be nice to buy a retail version of CS, since the discs I bought for $500 are now obsolete. thanks adobe for forcing everyone to pay a subscription to use your bloated clunky and unimproved software /rant off

I cant wait for the responses. I hope this is simple, like clicking the default view in preferences or something...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default view in preferences should work, UNLESS the document creator set a different size. When the person viewing the document and the person making the document disagree, Adobe favour the person making it.

I agree, it would be nice to be able to buy CS. But you still can't. Tip: it's best to post a question OR a rant, you really reduce the number of people who might try to help, because they know they just get their heads bitten off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol, thanks for the response and the sdvice.

it used to work as it should just fine, no issues

i dont what happened. but now i have to go into preferences everytime. it is stupid ridiciculous

its a time quicksand - i waste more time unravelling the knots than i do tying my shoes

I have opened the documents as admin, opned the reader solo as admin. even saving the document to reopen the same , doesnt work. how can adobe justify its sad and totally indifferent concern about its own work? I thought such a successful entity would at least set an example of anything but less than mediocre

way to stifle the piracy concern at the expense of quality and customer appreciation @ADOBE, GRACIAS POR NADA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. What is the app you are running. You mentioned Adobe Reader, which was obsolete years ago. Do you actually have Acrobat Reader?

2. Do you mean that you change the preferences, and next time you run the app, they have changed back? This can happen if permissions in your system are messed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using the latest adobe reader dx, or acrobat. when I paid $500 for CS2 over 10 years ago, I was running winxp, and had acrobat pro and everything I needed to keep on keepin on

then when cloud was introduced, adobe killed support for the previous versions, to include invalidating the activation keys which came with the software

to compensate, and pretend like they cared, adobe released the previous versions as downloads with new activation keys, exclusively available to those who rgistered thier purchase prior to.

so after 10 years, the links for the old software mysteriously disappeared. I lost the downloaded version along with the serials, so I returned to my bookmarks to redownload my purchased software

now, after contacting support and being bounced around, they are telling me that I dont have any products registerd. which is BS, they obvioulsy purged thier database and are refusing to provide a download link, in spite of the fact that I still HAVE MY RECEIPT

SO, in order for me to read pdfs I am stuck now with crappy freeware that doesnt even fuction correctly at a basic level

why would anyone want to waste money on a company, who cant even provide the public with a free pdf reader, that doesnt rewrite your registry, change preferences, and automatically do everything to inconvenience workflow

I hope that a solution to a very elementary user preference doesnt include a fresh install of windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines