Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader "Newer version already installed" error

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I uninstalled my Adobe Reader V9 thinking I could install a new version.

There is no other version installed but the same error keeps coming up after full download.

I have tried so many links posted in this community but no luck.

My OS is Windows 9 Professional, Processor Intel Duo Core. I tried getting it upragraded to Windows 10, no luck.

On Adobe website I only get one version to select which is the latest one.

If anyone knows how I can download an older version please help. I can't open my pdf files anymore because of this issue.

Thank you in adavnace for your kind assistance. 

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

This must be very frustrating experience. Error appears due to a missing update for Universal C Runtime in Windows.

Since you have mentioned about following most of the community discussions. Did you install the service Pack1 yet?

If not, then follow the instructions given on this help article: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/error-newer-version-already-installed-acrobat-reader-d...

Once done, restart your computer. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi A,

Thanks for your response.

I am afraid I have hit a dead-end for my Windows version is no longer supported by Microsoft. When redirected to their website for an update the last and best suggestion is to upgrade to Windows 10.

I downloaded Cute-Pdf printer as a temp solution to save files in pdf but these are readable only online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines