• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe reader requires login

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I am constantly being required to sign in to Adobe to use Adobe Reader (a free standalone app). It is definitely annoying to dig up my Adobe password to view an email attachment. Is this a bug? Has it been fixed? Do I need to set a new default PDF reader?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By design, you need to sign in. But it should stay signed in, unless or until you sign out. (That's what I see anyway).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it now "By Design" to require individuals to login to view a pdf?? Why do you have to have account and give Adobe email and contact informaiton just to VIEW a pdf??? I understand if I'm accessing my own files ont eh cloud, or want to sign a document, but this just seem slie another way for Adobe to FORCE people to give personal information when it is NOT neccess as part of the normal course of business. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's up to you! You can give Adobe a bit of your data to get free software in return. That's the business. If you're not fine with that, then don't use their software but stop complaining.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Everyone is enttiled to an opinoin. You shouldnt be trying to silence anyone. Feedback is feedback. As a company Adobe should expect this. 
No Sign In being required has been there since Adobe Reader V1. This is a valid concern for users. 

As an adobe Community Professional you're not very professional. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines