• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader Starts at Boot Time with the Same File

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I boot/restart my laptop (running Win 10 Pro, latest version), Adobe Reader starts with the same file.  Here's what I have tried:

• I went into the regsitry and removed every reference to that file.
  • I removed every copy of the file from the file system.  The only copy remaining is stored in my Outlook .PST file, so it's not visible to the file system.
  • I uninstalled/reinstalled the Reader.
  • Thinking that Creative Cloud might be triggering it at boot time, I stopped CC from loading.
  • I simply tried simply closing the file while in the Reader.
  • I went into the Adobe Cloud and removed every file.

I am at a loss as to what to try next.  Does anybody have a suggestion as to what I might try next?

--Ernie

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Well, problem solved.  Apparently, Microsoft had inserted the file in my Startup directory at some point for some reason (!).  When I removed it, the problem went away.  It's interesting that a file search did not catch that instance of the file.  It also explains why scrubbing the Registry didn't help..

Case closed.

--Ernie

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, problem solved.  Apparently, Microsoft had inserted the file in my Startup directory at some point for some reason (!).  When I removed it, the problem went away.  It's interesting that a file search did not catch that instance of the file.  It also explains why scrubbing the Registry didn't help..

Case closed.

--Ernie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines