• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader Touch opens PDF then closes immediately BOOOOOOOO!

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Reader Touch worked just fine when I bought the computer with it pre-installed in July. Now all of a sudden, when I try to open a PDF, it opens the file for a second then closes immediately. I have tried opening files directly from an email attachment and downloading then opening them from their file locations. I have tried opening my Reader Touch first and opening the file directly through there, but the same thing happens and it closes the whole program. I have verified in my settings that this is the default program for opening PDFs.

I did some standard updates recommended by Dell & Windows (10) last week, and I am afraid that may be the culprit. The current version is 3.1. My laptop is a 2-in-1 so this is the Adobe Reader Touch, NOT Adobe Acrobat DC. All of the fixes I am finding online refer to Acrobat DC, which I considered because I couldn't find anything else, but the routes they discuss aren't even accessible in my version. Before you ask: Adobe is not even listed in my Program Files (regular nor X86) so I am assuming this is maybe a cloud-based version. Adobe Reader Touch does show when I click the Windows key under my program list and my main tiles screen,. When I open it, it shows a Getting Started / Recently Viewed screen. Some things open, others don't. I assumed it was an issue with the PDF being locked because some show a lock icon. However, some that won't open do not have that icon.

While digging more to include details for this post, I have found evidence that it may POTENTIALLY be linked to just one company sending me PDFs. This company is an intense pain to deal with, and I am sure the customer service rep I will inevitably talk to will have no clue how to remedy this issue. If you think this may be the issue, what should I direct them to do so I can access these important documents?

Thanks in advance for helping me to rid myself of this endless and frustrating cycle of dead ends.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: I couldn't just sit on this so I decided to download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. These files all open just fine now using the DC version. I guess it was a compatibility issue with how the company had their PDFs formatted, or maybe it's a security measure that the Touch version can't handle since these are sensitive documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines