Highlighted

adobe reader use CPU for no reason

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am on windows 10 64 bits on a dell XPS 9365 Processeur Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8500Y CPU @ 1.50GHz, 1601 MHz, 2 cœur(s), 4 processeur(s) logique(s).

Very often looking at CPU usage I see adobe reader (32 bits) running at 20% or more, while I don't use those files..(but adobe being open of course.)

What is the problem here you guys think of?

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

adobe reader use CPU for no reason

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am on windows 10 64 bits on a dell XPS 9365 Processeur Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8500Y CPU @ 1.50GHz, 1601 MHz, 2 cœur(s), 4 processeur(s) logique(s).

Very often looking at CPU usage I see adobe reader (32 bits) running at 20% or more, while I don't use those files..(but adobe being open of course.)

What is the problem here you guys think of?

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you pls. let us know the version number of the application (Help > About Adobe Acrobat Reader). Also pls. let us know if do any operation (comments etc.) on the PDFs or just view/scroll through the document. Also, does the CPU usage dwindle after 2/3 minutes of the operation? If not for how long does the CPU usage stays that high? Pls. provide us the process dump at the time the cpu usage is high.

Thanks,

Vinod

(Acrobat Team)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC