• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader Version 4 needed

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my bank is telling me that I need to download adobe reader version 4 to be able to access an important document. 

I have downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (which appears to be the latest version and should open any pfd), but when I go to the message center and click on .pdf link it just opens to a blank browser page. I have also tried this on the mobile app and when I click the link it says "An unknown error occurred. Please try again later."  So first question, is Reader Version 4 still available?  And I guess, second question and maybe the most important one.. could this be an issue with their link instead of my software?

TOPICS
Download and install , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader Version 4 is not more available.

Does you open the PDF file in a browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be a problem with the file on the site. I would expect banks to have current version PDFs.

Can you download the file and open it directly rather than through a browser? If so, what happens when you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since Reader 4 was finished about 20 years ago, this is probably not what the bank really mean. Can you share the message you get from the bank (make sure there is NO personal info!)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines